UNION CITY -VS- MIDDLETON

M-Town Baller

Will everyone please quit hating on Middleton... UC played a heck of a ballgame...It was kind of the state championship game before anyone one of the teams made it there... I mean the gym was packed, sure there was more middleton fans than UC fans because we where at home... It was just back and forth all game long... As far as weddle goes I'm sure that he is a better player than he looked last night... But the main reason that he didn't score is because Middleton put defence on him like he has never seen before... But I have to give it to him he showed up when it counted the most at the end of the game with a last second shot... You can say that the refs were bad but they made bad calls for both teams included a very questionable ten second call at the end of the game... I just don't see how UC can get the ball with 17 seconds on the clock and not get out of the back court and call time out with 4.5 seconds on the clock and it not be a ten second call... But enough talking about the refs UC played a great game and came out on top... I play for Middleton and when that buzzer went of and Weddle hit that shot it was the most heartbraking thing anyone will ever go through especially for seniors... But anyway UC represent us good at state and bring it home for the west

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middleton having class??? I believe it was the Middleton fans who were screaming and cursing at the student section of Union City! After the game going to the fans individually and saying Union City is garbage! Just thought I throw that in.

M-town-baller well I quess you see how bad Region-14a is? THat same region put you out of the tourney. The same region you said was garbage on the LC thread. O and by the way Ill end with this. Im glad I had my camera becuase the look on yalls face after Quis hit that shot was Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:D:D

They may Have been cursing but still, Your fans stormed the floor and hurt your own players. Way 2 GO :( . Hope the players are alright.

Edited by Cardinalcrazie

So, my stuff crosses the line but this doesn't?

platinum44: "and you asked was my girlfriend out...no she's in your mom's bed, and as soon as you get out, i'll be there too...you know you were only 2 sperm from being my son?...son...kinda ironic"

Or this?

platinum44: "kill yourself"

Or how about this?

HolderOfAllKnowledge: "It looks like my predictions were 100% right. Jesus with the last sec miracle shot, horrible refs, and a one point game!! yall can say what yall want about union city and Weddle, but we r goin all the way to the STATE TOURNAMENT IN THE BORO!!!!"

Wow. Take off your purple-and-gold glasses, NWTennSports. I mean, one of your fans referred to a high school basketball player as "Jesus"! I don't think the Lord would approve too highly of that one.

My posts are different from simple trash talk because I try to put actual thought, context and some humor into it, instead of simply saying that one team is going to beat another 89-5. Or making "your mom" jokes. Or suggesting that a Lake County fan commit suicide.

And MY post crossed the line?

I think that you need to work accepting constructive criticism.

Will everyone please quit hating on Middleton... UC played a heck of a ballgame...It was kind of the state championship game before anyone one of the teams made it there... I mean the gym was packed, sure there was more middleton fans than UC fans because we where at home... It was just back and forth all game long... As far as weddle goes I'm sure that he is a better player than he looked last night... But the main reason that he didn't score is because Middleton put defence on him like he has never seen before... But I have to give it to him he showed up when it counted the most at the end of the game with a last second shot... You can say that the refs were bad but they made bad calls for both teams included a very questionable ten second call at the end of the game... I just don't see how UC can get the ball with 17 seconds on the clock and not get out of the back court and call time out with 4.5 seconds on the clock and it not be a ten second call... But enough talking about the refs UC played a great game and came out on top... I play for Middleton and when that buzzer went of and Weddle hit that shot it was the most heartbraking thing anyone will ever go through especially for seniors... But anyway UC represent us good at state and bring it home for the west

both teams did play a heck of a ball game last night. being from UC i cant help but say that that was far from one of our best performances, im sure middleton had flaws tehy werent used to also. we didnt seem to be there 100% mentaly. there were many traveling calls and lost passes, but congrats to MJ Brown for stepping it up. the only defense i have against the ten second violation at the end was that as soon as the ball was passed #42 i immediately looked at the coach expecting a timeout since it had taken nearly 5 seconds for him to recieve the pass, UC coach Sisco was signaling for the timeout for nearly 5 seconds before the ref agknowledged him.

yes, it is a shame that weddle and Robinon went down after teh crowd rushed but honestly, would middleton have stayed in their seats had Weddle missed the shot?

great effort by both teams

o boy, ur knowledge is slim it appears...ask the holderofallknowledge...i bet he has a word or two about weddle for you. please tell us who you think deserves mr basketball

i believe it is a simple case of jealousy. it appears that slamdunker54 is a player who believes he is being overlooked by the greatest basketball player in union city history. i can understand his grudge, but it is uncalled for to trash marquis for being a teamplayer in the middleton game.

I was at this game and I am not a fan of either team. I follow Bolivar and did not feel like driving to Nashville. I have not read the previous 8 pages of this topic so I know this may have been mentioned earlier. However, could someone explain the ref's explanation of the "no call" on the 10 second violation after the Middleton player missed the free throw. He missed the free throw with 16 seconds left. UC gets the rebound and dribbles around in the back court and calls timeout with 4 seconds left. Why is that not a 10 violationl? Just wondering.

Middleton had 11 point lead in the 3rd quarter. I would have to say we choked in the end. I really honestly believe we had the better team. Sometimes the better team doesn't always win. Congrats to UC. As far as Weddle he is not in the class with Willie Kemp. I guess I was expecting something awesome. He came through in the end but it was terrible defense on Middleton's part. We played good defense all night til the last 4.5 seconds. I do agree the officials missed the 10 second violation. We shot a free throw with 16.7 seconds left they rebounded and called timeout with 4.5 seconds left while still in the backcourt. We still had many chances to seal the win just couldn't finish tonight. Congrats UC and Congrats MHS on another fine season.

No 1 had possession of the ball so they couldnt start a 10 second count.Stop cryn.Y is it every time they lose they blame it on the refs.We lose and we say they were better that nite and we will get them next time. U cant say that cause there is no next time.U lost and ya choked on sum of those cupcakes.U can go to state and cheer 4 the other hardeman co. team or u can get sum purple and gold and jump on our bandwagon.4got,we dont have no more room.