Grace vs. Pickett County

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right. I remember the game now. Our fans at Christmas just don't show up, but I am not sure why more were not there when you guys came here. Our fans have been great this year. With all our seniors and then Carter being 6'10" it has caused a lot of excitement and people have been showing up from all over the place to see Grace play. It should be a great game. I hope you guys have a great trip down. Good luck tonight!

I saw Grace at camp and the reason I think Pickett does have a chance is they play a more physical game. We had a 5"11' guy banging on Carter in camp and he only scored 9... Capps can jump at 6"3-4' as high as Carter .... Carter is a good outside player but inside tonite I don't think he will do to well... Pickett by 3 And I am not a Pickett fan we are bball enemies but their rough and tumble play along with good outside shooting may surprise Grace. :(

Edited by commander1

I agree with RAW's comment above. Carter is 6'10" and can jump. There is no way that kid can get as high is Carter. That was an absurd remark!

About the fans...i will personally guarantee that The Flock will be loud tonight. I will not let it be an off night for the students. We have the flag tonight...someone has been forgetful the past couple of games and forgot it. But it will give us new strength tonight...haha...wow im dumb.

GO GRACE!! FEAR THE EAGLES!!

I agree with RAW's comment above. Carter is 6'10" and can jump. There is no way that kid can get as high is Carter. That was an absurd remark!

About the fans...i will personally guarantee that The Flock will be loud tonight. I will not let it be an off night for the students. We have the flag tonight...someone has been forgetful the past couple of games and forgot it. But it will give us new strength tonight...haha...wow im dumb.

GO GRACE!! FEAR THE EAGLES!!

I have watched both play and as far as the inside game goes, Capps is by far the more physical player. This does not mean that Pickett will win, just saying as far as the inside game is concerned with Roddy and Capps Pickett does have an advantage there. :P

In my years on coachT I believe this is the stupidest thing I have ever read. haha

I don't know why you think that is dumb... as I said at a camp Carter was covered by someone 10" shorter than him and his jumping skills didn't impress me. I agree he is a great player but I think he is better away from the basket. Capps is VERY physical and I think Carter will shy away from that kind of play . Also to jump with Carter he would only have to have 6 inches in vertical which I would say he would be close to. Capps is very athletic and all that combined is the reason for my" dumb " statement

Edited by commander1

not to worry pickett this person isn't exactly a great prognasticator. i remember last week he missed every game in the region 4a tourney. now i do really like your chances.

Well i may have missed the most of the games in the region but i mean come on are you really going to take pickett to beat grace. i dont think that is going to happen. it may but highly unlikely. Grace will win easily.

Good game Pickett. But now you know how we felt last year.

Pickett had no answer for any aspect of Grace's game. We were bigger, faster, quicker, shot better, rebounded better, played better team ball, and the list could go on. I would have to say that this was one of the best TEAM BALL games that i have seen Grace play this year. The scoring was spread out and Grace just looked dominant. Van Horn set the tone for the game with a dunk off of the tip-off. And then the breaking point for Pickett was when Carter threw it down hard 2 handed and then came back on the other end and just swatted this kid's lunch. Twas a fun game to watch.

Even though Temple lost, I think the boys from Chattanooga sent a message that they can really play. The state tourney will be a lot of fun!

GRACE = STATE BOUND

(im sorry if i sound really arrogant right now, but im just really excited to see a bunch of my good friends and Coach Matthiess get another chance at the 'Boro!)