Greeneville Devils take on Powell Panthers

seriously i am already tired of hearing about how good this powell team is. Its plain as day that we are better than you. You have no way of stopping wiggins.. NO WAY... I have a feelin the 3 balls will be droppin tonight cause big players shine in big time games. All the players for greeneville will give it their all because its their last home game. They are out to make a statement and to show all of you that said they wouldn't even win a game in region what they are really made of. Seniors that play ball for powell.. Remember these names.. Boone, Wiggins, Anderson, Moore, and Washington.. These are the players that you will be playing against in your last highschool basketball game. Everyone wake up.. Greeneville is better.. They will win by atleast 10.

I said last week if Powell got by Oak Ridge in the region they would be in the State. I still think they have enough to beat a very good Greenvile team.

Powell will be traveling to Murfreesborro next week.

I agree they will be traveling to the boro.. but only to watch their girls team..

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously i am already tired of hearing about how good this powell team is. Its plain as day that we are better than you. You have no way of stopping wiggins.. NO WAY... I have a feelin the 3 balls will be droppin tonight cause big players shine in big time games. All the players for greeneville will give it their all because its their last home game. They are out to make a statement and to show all of you that said they wouldn't even win a game in region what they are really made of. Seniors that play ball for powell.. Remember these names.. Boone, Wiggins, Anderson, Moore, and Washington.. These are the players that you will be playing against in your last highschool basketball game. Everyone wake up.. Greeneville is better.. They will win by atleast 10.

I agree they will be traveling to the boro.. but only to watch their girls team..

Don't think I am agreeing with you river, cause you are just too cocky for words, but... I do think Greeneville's speed may make up for what they are giving away in size. Anderson is an amazing point guard and has handled some pretty good pressure. If Powell's big men are the least bit slow, Wiggins may burn them in transition.

don't you mean Anderson, Moore, Washington, and Wiggins....??? lol ;)

uh yea, like it or not, it counts as a big W regardless of what you think. The thing is, if Powell's guards had been hot that game....it would have been a different story, but they weren't so no excuses.

Greeneville is going to end Powells basketball year tonight.....Greeneville will win by more then 10 if they shoot WELL...if not they should still win but it will def be more of a game....like i said GHS by 10! lets do it-

go dev's ;)

;)

Powell[/url]Fan' post='825976500' date='Mar 6 2006 - 05:07 PM']

Is this game going to be on the radio or net, i gotta finsih up some work here till about 700 so i cant make it up

umm both...actually if you got a tv..jus flip it to ESPN cuz everybody wants to watch those DEVS bia's

Game over. Greeneville absolutely dominates from start to finish. Greeneville has won 9 games in a row and 18 of their last 19. It was a team domination, not just Wiggins. Moore, Wiggins, and Anderson all in double figures. Greeneville scores 46 points in the first half and then stiffens the defense in the second half. Powell looked like a deer in head lights in the first half. It was obvious that Powell had not seen a defense like Greeneville's. Hats off to Bill Duncan. Greeneville had been to one state tournament in school history before he came and in his 6 years Greeneville has been to 3. In my humble opinion he is the best coach in the State. A little old 800 student school has beaten Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett, and Powell in succession, not bad for the little school from Greeneville.

no need to be smart about it, is it on radio if so what station if on the net what station

You mean after all that talking you didn't go to the game ? Powell was simply over-matched. Their guard play was weak and they had no post game. No. 33 was about all they had. Lee Smith is obviously a fantastic athlete, but he's not a basketball player. I think after tonight and the way Wiggins played him that he would be the first to admit this. The biggest thing that struck me was the lack of team speed and quickness exhibited by Powell. They were just so slow.

Way to go Devils. Wiggins is simply the best basketball player in East Tenn. Moore and Anderson had great games. Washington, Boone and Allen played great defense. Heck, Lance Bailey even had a great lay-up. Great effort by all.

Didn't Powell face Greeneville in November in the LandAir tournament? Oh yea.....they got beat by Sullivan Central because that's who Powell played and beat them too. So how did Greeneville improve so much and who do you have now that you didn't have in November? Maybe you guys should be asking Sullivan Central about Powell? Needless to say, Powell has improved a little since then, don't ya think? I see you remember our D-1 player though......"decent" lol

Your coachT name is a little misleading. I'm not sure if you are in the know because you certainly miss a lot. This is just one example of your posts I was referring to in the other thread. And you call me a jerk.

Your coachT name is a little misleading. I'm not sure if you are in the know because you certainly miss a lot. This is just one example of your posts I was referring to in the other thread. And you call me a jerk.

what's so funny about this is that if you're referring to this post, I don'think anyone is being blamed for anything nor have I commented on anything that was not true about your team during the Land Air tournament. I suggest you direct your attention to your teams next game and stop giving a team that is obviously disappointed and play-weary a hard time. I said my congratulations, what more do you want?

Edited by Ntheknow2