Lifting competition at Chapel Hill

MPTigerT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who took home the awards from the competition? Is the guy from Cascade for real? 650 and 500 are unreal numbers for a Sophomore or anyone in high school. If this is true more power to him! Not that he will need it.

the kids name is seth carter.and yes,they r real numbers.he blew 600lbs up like it weighed nuthin on his squats.and benched 475lbs EASY.and cleaned 275.I WAS THERE

the kids name is seth carter.and yes,they r real numbers.he blew 600lbs up like it weighed nuthin on his squats.and benched 475lbs EASY.and cleaned 275.I WAS THERE

AND HES A JUNIOR

AND HES A JUNIOR

The numbers are correct except for the clean, he did 225lbs. and struggled with that. It obvious he works hard and has an awesome squat and bench but the clean probably indicates where he is football wise. He is built for power lifting, short legs, short arms, 5'9" or shorter, he has only a short distance to lift the weight, not to sell him short, the young man is strong. I was also impressed by a young man from Richland he cleaned over 300lbs and benched over 300. I don't know what his squat was, over 400 I believe. Kendall Lilliard from Eagleville had a 540lb. squat.

Edited by goforthegoal

The numbers are correct except for the clean, he did 225lbs. and struggled with that. It obvious he works hard and has an awesome squat and bench but the clean probably indicates where he is football wise. He is built for power lifting, short legs, short arms, 5'9" or shorter, he has only a short distance to lift the weight, not to sell him short, the young man is strong. I was also impressed by a young man from Richland he cleaned over 300lbs and benched over 300. I don't know what his squat was, over 400 I believe. Kendall Lilliard from Eagleville had a 540lb. squat.

the boy from richlands name is gabe.but he only only cleaned 275.sorry, i got carter and gabes clean mixed up.but i agree a 275 pound clean is some serious EXPLOSION!!!gabe and carter r both very powerful and physical ball players.even though carter dont clean much,he is still exspolsive off the line or in the fullback position,and an explosive hitter cause he has both very incredible leg and upperbody strength.wouldnt u agree?but carter is built for powerlifting,no doubt about it.but he is more acustomed to bench,squat and deadlift meets.rather than bench,squat and clean,in other words hes not an olympic lifter.but i did notice today carter and gabe seem to be pretty close friends.thats good,even though from different schools.and carter set a new forrest record for total weight lifted.1300lbs.id hate too see his total with the deadlift instead of clean.when it comes to slingin the iron arund,carter is the REAL DEAL.

Mt.Pleasant won the overall with an 11 point margin over Richland who came in 2nd and Forrest in 3rd.I know a couple of MP players who placed were:Mark McClenic-Fr.(2nd in the 123 and under div.),T.C. Webster-Fr.(1st in 132 div.),Taylor Kaltenbach-Jr. and John Colvett-Jr.(1st and 2nd in 165 div.)Beau Butler-Jr. and Jay Stoops-So.(1st and 3rd in 181 div.),Dusty Robertson-So.(2nd in 198 div.),Hugh Johnson-Fr.(2nd in 242 div.).Butler also won the Power Index with a 5.62.

You know who won, so quit asking like an idiot.

I asked a question and now I'm an idiot. 11Awatcher you must be really jealous of what MP did if you snouted back like that. I'm an avid fan and knew they had a competition, but did not know the outcome. So I suggest highly you think before you open your mouth again because to be honest, you are the one who sounded like a jealous idiot.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

the boy from richlands name is gabe.but he only only cleaned 275.sorry, i got carter and gabes clean mixed up.but i agree a 275 pound clean is some serious EXPLOSION!!!gabe and carter r both very powerful and physical ball players.even though carter dont clean much,he is still exspolsive off the line or in the fullback position,and an explosive hitter cause he has both very incredible leg and upperbody strength.wouldnt u agree?but carter is built for powerlifting,no doubt about it.but he is more acustomed to bench,squat and deadlift meets.rather than bench,squat and clean,in other words hes not an olympic lifter.but i did notice today carter and gabe seem to be pretty close friends.thats good,even though from different schools.and carter set a new forrest record for total weight lifted.1300lbs.id hate too see his total with the deadlift instead of clean.when it comes to slingin the iron arund,carter is the REAL DEAL.

That is awesome! Send those players to Murfreesboro where we can use them.It's great to see players work so hard, and it seems the coaches have got them on the right track.Keep working!!!!!!!!!

I have seen Carter play several times and he is a good ball player but their are a lot football players in region 5 that I have rather have. I forget his name but the D lineman out of JoByrns, Kendall Lilliard-Eagleville and JoJo Vestal-Eagleville are much more explosive just to name a view. JoJo Vestal is much more explosive and the best defensive player in Region 5. Their much more to football than being a good power lifter. I believe JoJo did pretty good in the weight lifting competion, first or second in his weight division. Weighs about 225 and runs a 4.7 40. Should be a repeat defensive player of the year in region 5. Also a repeat all state. Did Carter make all region or honorable mention last year? We will see how he improves as a football player this year. Their was a lot of players at the meet that cleaned 225 or more and that is the indicator of explosiveness plus my son shared with me he thought Carter only cleaned 215. Last year we had a 145 lb receiver named Terry Poteete that could clean 215. I guess that is why he made all state as a receiver. Carter a great power lifter, yes definitely but a great 1a football player, he is just not their yet.

Edited by goforthegoal