Greenfield to State

ParisRiverRat

Congrats to the Wonder Boy on the BIG WIN tonite. Great job, I was impressed with how hard the girls play.....Good luck in the 1st round game with Summertown, that should be the best of the 1st round single A games.

Greenfield/Summertown tossup (Greenfield might be a small underdog, as Summertown 3rd straight trip)

Jackson Co wins

RBS wins

Oliver Springs wins

I don't think that anyway could feel the joy i have right now. Greenfield played with their hearts as they do every night. There was a time when the girls' game started and there would be a handfull of people, but look at em now. The gym was PACKED with supporters. I played last year, and a good portion of the 05 class along with other grads came to support them. They deserved to win tonight. They worked the hardest out of any team. They bled, cried, and sweated the most. They have always been that team that was an "easy" win but now all of TN will see that are no longer the "easy" win. If teams wanna try da luck, then they in for a fight. Like tha sayin goes, " It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog!" And let me tell ya the size of the fight in the Lady YellowJackets is unmeasureable!!!!! Beat em in state make your big sis even more proud!!!!

I don't think that anyway could feel the joy i have right now. Greenfield played with their hearts as they do every night. There was a time when the girls' game started and there would be a handfull of people, but look at em now. The gym was PACKED with supporters. I played last year, and a good portion of the 05 class along with other grads came to support them. They deserved to win tonight. They worked the hardest out of any team. They bled, cried, and sweated the most. They have always been that team that was an "easy" win but now all of TN will see that are no longer the "easy" win. If teams wanna try da luck, then they in for a fight. Like tha sayin goes, " It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog!" And let me tell ya the size of the fight in the Lady YellowJackets is unmeasureable!!!!! Beat em in state make your big sis even more proud!!!!

To me that is a good post............sounds like they played with heart :thumb:

Congrats to Greenfield..I know one thing for sure. They could be loaded for a few years. I saw their middle school team play and they are good. They will have some young talent coming up to help an already good team. They have a big fan base that follows as well. When I saw the middle school team play it was at our gym and they had as many fans there as we did.

Greenfield jumped out to 20-5 lead but Trinity didnt quit. Congratulations to Trinity on a fine season. Great effort by the Lady Jackets and the gym was packed. Alot of enthusiasm in Greenfield right now. Coach Trevathan has done a remarkable job in his three years to turn a program around. The girls are having fun and playing team ball. This has really been an unbelievable season so far.

Lady Jackets Are State Bound

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Congrats to Greenfield..I know one thing for sure. They could be loaded for a few years. I saw their middle school team play and they are good. They will have some young talent coming up to help an already good team. They have a big fan base that follows as well. When I saw the middle school team play it was at our gym and they had as many fans there as we did.

Greenfield is really excited about our girls program from the peewee leagues through the High School team. Thank you for the compliment on our Jr. High team this year, it was a fun year. We have a good coach in Jr. High and a good one in High School. Alot of the girls are playing AA ball with the Martin teams and that is helping them. Girls Basketball in Greenfield is exciting and fun to watch and we've got great fan support. Girls, keep playing hard and having fun.

Go Lady Jackets

I hope people in Greenfield will finally give Coach T his due. There have been a lot of people who have pounded him over some of his decisions, but it looks like maybe he knows what he is doing after all. His girls have done what no one thought was possible and I think we need to recognize that. We'll welcome all of the doubters onto the bandwagon to Murfreesboro though. Good luck to Coach T, Coach Durden, and all of the girls we love you and are behind you.

I hope people in Greenfield will finally give Coach T his due. There have been a lot of people who have pounded him over some of his decisions, but it looks like maybe he knows what he is doing after all. His girls have done what no one thought was possible and I think we need to recognize that. We'll welcome all of the doubters onto the bandwagon to Murfreesboro though. Good luck to Coach T, Coach Durden, and all of the girls we love you and are behind you.

Well said, he knows what he is doing. He has built that program from absolutely nothing. His girls play hard, a characteristic that a lot of clubs lack. He gets the most out of his team. I do believe that they will be knocking on the door of the state tournament for the next (at least) 5 years.

It is his basketball team, allow him to make the decisions that are necessary to win. He wants the same thing that all Greenfield fans want. He is enjoying this as much as anybody!! Congrats to coachT and his girls on an excellent run, no matter what happens now, it is icing on the cake. I am hoping for a win over Summertown, and then who knows against the Godfather!