NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN

hrhitter

This is not making excuses, but I can cover for 6 of those loses. 4 of them came to the same team, being East Robertson...and 2 coming against AAA schools Hunters Lane and McGavock. The other six loses were to worthy opponents as well, but at this point in the season do records really matter? If a team has made it this far, doesn't that say enough for their team?

Anyhow, can anyone tell me any other way to get to Wayne Co other than Natchez Trace and I-40 W to TN-13?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be one of the last 16 teams left in class A bball, you can't be a bad team. Wayne County's in their third straight sub-state game, and it's at home. I know our guys will be ready and have been preparing to do all the necessary things to take care of business. We can't play sloppy, but we're rolling on a great set of games at Region last week and it should continue on into this week and beyond.

This is not making excuses, but I can cover for 6 of those loses. 4 of them came to the same team, being East Robertson...and 2 coming against AAA schools Hunters Lane and McGavock. The other six loses were to worthy opponents as well, but at this point in the season do records really matter? If a team has made it this far, doesn't that say enough for their team?

Anyhow, can anyone tell me any other way to get to Wayne Co other than Natchez Trace and I-40 W to TN-13?

Going down the Trace would be your best bet.Look for Waynesboro exit and get on Hwy. 64 west.About 10 miles from the square and follow the signs to Collinwood or Florence, Al.which is Hwy. 13 South.Go about a mile and it will be on your left.

Nashville Christian has been the underdog in just about every game they played this year. The Coach likes to play a pretty tough schedule which is evident with this years opponents. The fact is this team is very young and pretty small and from a very small school. Wayne Co shows it has at least 360-380 students ...NCS has 170. They are the underdog for sure. Just not certain they have the depth to keep up with such a big team. As someone mentioned earlier ....it will come down to who controls the boards i think. NCS has a senior #52 and a soph #55 and that is it down low. No depth off the bench at all ....in size. So we will just have to see how it goes. Underdog ? I would say so ...hope we can just keep up.

Good luck NCS !!!

Just read a article in the Tennesean this morning about Wayne Co ...it quoted the coach saying they hoped to win a state title this year as pay back for not winning it last year. Didn't say anything at all about the game with NCS tonight. Guess its just an automatic thing for them to just pass over the fact they have a game to win tonight first. But that is how confident the coach is I suppose. He was only talking about winning the state and bringing the single A title back to the mid state for the first time since 1999. I am even more nervous now than before about going down there. Does NCS have any chance at all in the game ?