Greeneville Vs. Hillsboro

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard much about either of these teams. Can somebody fill me in.

I dont know much about Hillsboro...but about Greeneville they are a little undersized but post players make up for it by playing hard, they are led by a freshman #35 Nicole Dickson, but the success of this team really depends on two things, #10 Whitney Carter against the press, and #34 Lauren Anderson hitting some outside shots to free up Dickson and Ashley Deans on the inside. Greeneville will play great D and will rebound with about anybody. Success depends on limiting turnovers and putting points on the board.

Hillsboro has one great player and then several very good role players. Jessica Mooney (Vanderbilt) is as gifted a pointed guard as I have seen in the state over the last ten years. She can throw any pass to any place on the court. She is very quick and can finish at the basket with either hand, although she prefers her left. She is an average outside shooter, but good enough that you have to guard her.

The rest of the team is tall, but not overly quick. Laura Solomon is the only one that shoots well from the outside. They all can finish around the basket. All handle the ball well enough that pressing is hard. They are very smart players.

As far as how they score, it's mostly in transition. A missed shot and quick outlet often lead to Mooney throwing a full court pass for a layup. Defensively, they will run a 1-2-1-1 press with some success because they are so big. If you beat the initial pressure you can score. In the half court they defend better in a zone than in a man because of their size, but they'll play both.

My scouting report would be, lay off Mooney and make her hit outside shots. Block out and get back in transition. You do those three things and you have a shot.

Hillsboro has one great player and then several very good role players. Jessica Mooney (Vanderbilt) is as gifted a pointed guard as I have seen in the state over the last ten years. She can throw any pass to any place on the court. She is very quick and can finish at the basket with either hand, although she prefers her left. She is an average outside shooter, but good enough that you have to guard her.

The rest of the team is tall, but not overly quick. Laura Solomon is the only one that shoots well from the outside. They all can finish around the basket. All handle the ball well enough that pressing is hard. They are very smart players.

As far as how they score, it's mostly in transition. A missed shot and quick outlet often lead to Mooney throwing a full court pass for a layup. Defensively, they will run a 1-2-1-1 press with some success because they are so big. If you beat the initial pressure you can score. In the half court they defend better in a zone than in a man because of their size, but they'll play both.

My scouting report would be, lay off Mooney and make her hit outside shots. Block out and get back in transition. You do those three things and you have a shot.

The key to Greeneville winning or losing all depends on the point. When Greeneville's point guard faces pressure and turns the ball over the Lady Devils have no chance. Hopefully she will step up to the challange.

The key to Greeneville winning or losing all depends on the point. When Greeneville's point guard faces pressure and turns the ball over the Lady Devils have no chance. Hopefully she will step up to the challange.

Well Greeneville is in trouble. Mooney will put all kind of pressure on the pt. guard(ball), then force the point guard to play defense as well if not fouling out trying to guard mooney.

Edited by cobrafan90

Well Greeneville is in trouble. Mooney will put all kind of pressure on the pt. guard(ball), then force the point guard to play defense as well if not fouling out trying to guard mooney.

The point probably won't guard Mooney. In the substate game they put a cross country runner on the star point guard player for Farragut. But if Mooney is that good of a defender then you are right, Greeneville will be in trouble.

Hillsboro beat Smyrna by pressuring their guards and had them out of sync all night. If Greenville has trouble with pressure it could be a long night because Hillsboro brings the pressure hard from what I saw from them against Smyrna.

I haven't heard much about either of these teams. Can somebody fill me in.

Ill tell you first I dont know much bout Hillsboro! But Greenevilles 6foot fresman in Nicole Dixon makes alott of things happen!! The senior in Sienna Forney she has one of the best 15 foot jump shots in the state!! If Lauren Anderson gets hott look out she is flat raw! Our point gaurd Whitney Carter can take any girl off the dribble she commits alott of turnovers but well see!! And Ashley Deans is a garabage man and averages about 10 rebounds agame!! Nicole will take them inside and out she can handle the ball shoot and post up so look out for the Freshman Nicole Dixon!!!