Greeneville Vs. Hillsboro

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hillsboro you better watch out for nicole dickson. MVP of east tennessee as only a freshman. She can do it all and has proven to be clutch. Just ask everyone about the three she hit in ot in substate. Dickson is for real.

Nicole is evidently the second Freshman to be named NET player of the year - the first being Courtney McDaniel who played at UT for a couple of years.

Nicole is a fantastic player but she can't carry the whole team - at this level. She might be able to carry the team in the IMAC but not in the Boro. Everyone else will have to step up. Whitney Carter will have to keep turnovers to a minimum, Lauren Anderson will need to find her outside stroke and play great defense, Ashley Deans will have to be a monster in the post and Sienna will have to have a solid game, offensively and defensively, against Hillsboro. All of the subs will have to step it up as well. But, I think the coach will have to step up too.

From what I've read about Hillsboro, Greeneville may have some match-up problems.

Greeneville wins in what sounded like an ugly win, 48-40. Greeneville was 14 of 42 from the field, and yet out shot Hillsborro. Mooney was 6-20 late in the game, not sure what her final stats were.

Several times, the announcers remarked that Greeneville "easily beats the press", but that was late, and I think Hillsborro was desperate. Anyone who attended should give us some info on the flow of the game. The last quarter sounded very slowwwwwwww.

Forney led all scorers with 19.

Rumour has it that Mooney was hobbled by a sprained ankle. They really did not put a lot of pressure on the lady Devils all night. If Mooney was inured then she still played fairly well to be hurt and I would be impressed. If she was not injured then I sure dont see where all the hype is. (I have not seen her play so I really don't know). Someone earlier said they would take her over a healthy Cait well to that from what I witnessed last night I would say no way. (But there again that is only judging from one performance). I thought both teams played ugly basketball and Hillsboro did not have anyone as their go to girl in clutch situations. Seemed that when Mooney would take the ball to the hole she was pretty darn tough but they (last night) had noone that could shoot the ball. They started fouling with about two minutes to go in the game and in that span they only attempted one three pointer that I can remember. So good news is that Greeneville did not really play very well but came away with a big win at the state tournament. Good luck Lady Devils, got to bring that A game tonight because Shelbyville will be tough to beat.

Nicole is evidently the second Freshman to be named NET player of the year - the first being Courtney McDaniel who played at UT for a couple of years.

Nicole is a fantastic player but she can't carry the whole team - at this level. She might be able to carry the team in the IMAC but not in the Boro. Everyone else will have to step up. Whitney Carter will have to keep turnovers to a minimum, Lauren Anderson will need to find her outside stroke and play great defense, Ashley Deans will have to be a monster in the post and Sienna will have to have a solid game, offensively and defensively, against Hillsboro. All of the subs will have to step it up as well. But, I think the coach will have to step up too.

From what I've read about Hillsboro, Greeneville may have some match-up problems.

What an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!! Nicole Is not a fantastic player... I'd put her up against anybody. She dominates down-low, she can bust three's, and she gets physical...Not to Mention she's only a freshman. Nicole is division 1 material. I have Greeneville by at least 5

What an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!! Nicole Is not a fantastic player... I'd put her up against anybody. She dominates down-low, she can bust three's, and she gets physical...Not to Mention she's only a freshman. Nicole is division 1 material. I have Greeneville by at least 5

Not really an understatement about Nicole, Brandon. That's a pretty decent adjective to use. But, look at my post from before last night's game. Nicole can't carry the team at this level . . . yet. Nicole had a bunch of boards before she fouled out, Whitney ran the point well, Lauren hit a couple of big shots and played strong defense, Ashley was a "monster" in the post (11 or 12 rebounds) and Sienna . . . well, she outplayed everyone on the court. Not the prettiest team performance ever, but they were strong when it counted.

Neither team played very well, especially offensively. Hillsboro was extremely flat and I imagine Greeneville feels the same way about its performance. To show how poorly Hillsboro played, Mooney went out for about 1 minute in second quarter because of uniform issues and greenville scored 6 points while she was out. Greeneville did a pretty good job defensively, helped by quite a bit of holding on rebounds and cuts. But if you can get away with it, why not? I credit greeneville for gutting this one out and coming out with a W when netiher team seemed to want the game.