Obion Central

redbirdfan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would want this job now? I don't know if any coach that had experience or sucess in Tn would take the job.

Would they hire anyone that was a first year head coach? A guy that had been an assistant for a while.

Would they hire anyone that is not a teacher? Kind of like what Haywood has I cant remeber what there coach does but he doesnt teach.

I think this program can be turned around it will take someone with some grit and ability to take alot of junk but still care about the kids and the team.

Who would want this job now? I don't know if any coach that had experience or sucess in Tn would take the job.

Would they hire anyone that was a first year head coach? A guy that had been an assistant for a while.

Would they hire anyone that is not a teacher? Kind of like what Haywood has I cant remeber what there coach does but he doesnt teach.

I think this program can be turned around it will take someone with some grit and ability to take alot of junk but still care about the kids and the team.

Warmachine,

What coach does Haywood have that doesnt teach?

Things I have been thinking also.....

One thing for sure is these kids deserve better than what they are getting......These people need to look and see what it is doing to the kids...it's very disheartening...

These players gave everything they had for whoever coached them......So I can guarantee you its not players without character.....

A comment on vacant coaching situation at OC land and anywhere?

How many parents would like for teachers and coaches to tell those same parents that have public jobs how to run their jobs, make a tire, sew a shirt, run a cash register, etc. You get the idea. Now let me assure you, I am absolutely not knocking any particular job. I think every job has its highs and lows. I would not want to work in a factory or work in a store. I grew up on a farm, worked in a store, ran a home delivery route . I chose this profession., went to school to get trained for it. and so on. I agree with above comments that some school board members and parents should leave coaching to coaches and teaching to teachers. Not a one of us makes any person go out for a sport. WIth all the pressure of coaching today and its expectations, some good coaches are being run off. I hope you get my drift.

I agree about it not being the players. THese kids had a different look in their eyes when they played for him, no matter if they liked him or not, they still respected him. The select group of parents that tell there kids how they feel or just don't plain give a flip about their opinion on him are who got his job. As well an adminstration who would rather deal with a situation in the quickest way possible then to make the right decision. And I'm sure that we will be having this discussion again next March just like we are right now and just like we were a year ago unless something drastic happens and certain things and people are dealt with. I honestly still believe that this program will not go anywhere unless this man or a mirror image of him comes in and coaches for more than one year. All you have to do is look at this past season, they had 10 times less talent than the last few years but more than doubled their win total and earned a region berth for the first time this century! Yet this isn't enough because a few people are upset because somebody gets their feelings hurt. This is the second season in a row that this team won't have a set offseason program or even a coach for that matter! We can cry and moan about these things all we want, but until a select few come to a realization that the players who put their blood, sweat,and tears into this are the ones that every single thing they've worked for is being taken away from, than the program will be stuck in a hamster wheel for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

:unsure: no not mason....you know who im talking about.....

I know that the situation was handled accordingly and he chose to resign. That means everyone should start looking for a new coach. I have gotten word that the boys are going to start a rough off season workout which will be good for them. Everyone just needs to let him leave and let everything be. It will work out with a new coach. This man seemed to be a good guy but wheter he did what he was accused of doing or not is not the question. He was innocent in a court of law but I still believe that is a hazard having an accused assaulter in a position of authority. According to another source, that is not the first time that this happened. WOrk hard guys