Obion Central

redbirdfan

Again, it's another year but the same story, Obion Central is looking for a boys head basketball coach. Rumor has it(for the 45th time) that Coach Whitby may come back and take over the Rebel program. I kinda doubt it, but who knows. One thing in certain, this is a boys program in need of stability and consistency at the coaching position :P and the sooner the better with an off season weight program waiting in the wings :(

Any ideas on possible candidates for the OC head coaching position?? :o

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its become a joke now. the kids keep starting over every year back at sqaure one and will never be worth anything ever again. its embarrassing and i am personally ashamed to say i am a Rebel fan. I honestly thought and could tell through proof on and off the court that this program was headed in the right direction, but yet again an unhappygroup of people have overruled the majority. I honestly believed that in two or three years this team would be in the 'boro competing for a state title because finally the administration and parents were behind this man and this team, but i was wrong. There was an oppurtunity for people to show there true selves, and it happened. Unless something miraculous happens, this previous year will be a fluke and this program will be back to sub-5 game winning seasons once again next year. Its a shame.

Edited by pride&tradition

its become a joke now. the kids keep starting over every year back at sqaure one and will never be worth anything ever again. its embarrassing and i am personally ashamed to say i am a Rebel fan. I honestly thought and could tell through proof on and off the court that this program was headed in the right direction, but yet again an unhappygroup of people have overruled the majority. I honestly believed that in two or three years this team would be in the 'boro competing for a state title because finally the administration and parents were behind this man and this team, but i was wrong. There was an oppurtunity for people to show there true selves, and it happened. Unless something miraculous happens, this previous year will be a fluke and this program will be back to sub-5 game winning seasons once again next year. Its a shame.

I hope they find somebody....They have some good kids coming up from the 8th grade and some possibly better players that are 7th graders now....

You know I work in Mayfield,Ky.,it would be more convenient for me to live up there..I know my 7th grade son would be better off playing for Mayfield or Graves County...I guarantee you they take basketball seriously in the Bluegrass State.... :)

But you are right,it has become an embarrassment...And you know,coach Suiter aint out of the woods either....You know who is a freshman player on his girls team don't you????....Rhymes with tart... :)

Well, they need someone who will not run hard practices, and who will kiss up to all the parents. I think they need a t-ball coach.

Or they could just pick someone from the group of parents that keep running off the coaches and run the program like the Obion County Youth League..So all the coaches kids could play.....

Well, they need someone who will not run hard practices, and who will kiss up to all the parents. I think they need a t-ball coach.

Hey now... I know some pretty hard-core T-ball coaches (well, machine-pitch coaches, but you get the idea...)

Not an OC fan by any stretch, but I always respected their tradition and their program. I hate that it has come to what it has. I've been to some games at The Pit when it was straight up rockin'. That used to be one of the best atmospheres anywhere for high school basketball. It is a shame to see that program in such a sad state.

Rhymes with tart... :lol:

Fart??? :thumb:

It is ashame that the boys cannot return to their glory years. If Whitby got the job, would they leave him alone, or would they cry if they had to run to McDonald's. (not the kids, the PARENTS) It doesn't take much to win in 13AA right now. The tough part is competing in the region and substate, then the state tournament is a breeze! ;)

Fart??? :thumb:

It is ashame that the boys cannot return to their glory years. If Whitby got the job, would they leave him alone, or would they cry if they had to run to McDonald's. (not the kids, the PARENTS) It doesn't take much to win in 13AA right now. The tough part is competing in the region and substate, then the state tournament is a breeze! :lol:

I've said it before...Whitby has an ego,but he doesn't have one that big....Whitby has the athletes now he never had at OC....Plus,he had a pretty nasty departure,he might have burned some bridges.....It would be more convenient for those OC fans that have taken up with Lake County if he did come back though....I would be shocked if he came back.....

Oh and FART??..Pretty close.... ;)

Well it is not like people didn't know back right after Coach Jones was hired that he wasn't going to last. He tried to get out a couple of weeks after he was hired. He ruffled feathers from the start. As for Coach Widby coming back to OC, I don't see it happening but stranger thing have happened. If the people that are causing all of this mess would just step back and try to see how it looks. What if it were happening at another school, how would they see the situation then. And it could happen anywhere. It seems that there are two coaches for this job: 1. one that is at the end of their career, and 2. one that wants to be at the end of their career. Let me ask a question, are we all going to be on here next year this time wondering who is going to be the new coach at OC and whose fault it was that they left? Or, are we going to look at a program that has turned around and put all this crazy stuff behind them and a coach that is able to run the program that they were hired to do? Time will tell I suppose.

Guest catfish-hunter

They had a good coach in Barry Jones....why did he leave?

Power Hungry Parents

Players without Character

A Lousy Administration

TAKE YOUR PICK :D