Union City VS Cloudland

Weddle

Mr. Basketball

7 points

Is something wrong with this picture?

I think so.

The only thing wrong with this picture is you only have one tiny part of the picture not the whole thing. This guy is truly amazing and if you have seen him play you know that. Weddle deserves Mr. Basketball and I hope he gets it.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u dont have to buy me a sucker, but you count on me following my team all the way to State. I guess i'm not as experienced as you on the message board, but I'm smart enough to only talk trash when the team I encourage is winnning aka football and basketball. why dont u go talk on some Lake county boards, wait they dont have any up right now because they r done for the year. your the only one still talking about them. dont worry I'll be gone after this year to college, a place where you wouldnt know anything about. good luck on upcoming seasons.

Read my posts and then look at yours...And yes..I went to college in California..Can you even spell that?Which college would let you in ?I sure hope you have a little more common sense then what you have shown so far...As far as Lake Co..Yes ..I believe they are the best team and yes we are sitting home just as the Gleason girls are..I'm not trying to put Gleason down ,but just making a point that the best team doesn't always win...Unlike a lot of Lake Co fans,I hope U.C. makes it to the championship and plays Humboldt...U.C. has a great team and should make it to the championship in the bracket they are in..I admit..U.C. beat us twice...Humboldt beat you 2 out of 3..We beat Humboldt 3 times..So..who really is the best of these three teams?Naturally ..one could say the team that wins the State..And I would have to agree with that..The team won when it counted most..

O.K. Folks....Here goes.....

First off,I would rather be playing Cosby in the first round,at least you know what you got with them.....That said,Cloudland would NEVER gotten out of the FIRST round of the district with a 7-18 record in any district in West Tennessee.....

Secondly,I don't understand all the Lake County talk.....They should be practicing baseball now and the football team should be in the weight room getting ready for spring practice in May.....

All the talk about Weddle....Yes,he had 7 points.....Folks he hit a game-winner at the buzzer...Middleton goes home and Union City moves on .....Period.....

But,he outscored Marq Murden in the second half 5 to 2.... :thumb:

Slamdunker54....Middleton...Defending state champion...substate game at home....Holds Marquis Weddle to seven points.....And STILL lose.....Something wrong with THAT picture... :D

My prediction for the UC-Cloudland game....After a slow start,Union City will win 78-52.....You won't see Weddle under his average again this season....27ppg

Weddle

Mr. Basketball

7 points

Is something wrong with this picture?

I think so.

i'm anxious to see how many people from w. tn see this post b/c they will be quick to reply to ur ignorance. as u can see uve already gotten a few in the first day saying ur mistaking and that Weddle is an amazing player...if ur so anxious to start something about weddle being mr. basketball then y dont u start ur own thread instead of hiding it under other threads dealing with past and upcoming games.

with that said...im still waiting for u to give me a reply to who u think deserves mr baskeetball in 1a.

I would really like to see Cloudland pull the ultimate upset but that may be asking a little much. They will have to play the best game of their young lives. UC can play, Mr. Basketball candidate M. Weddle had a really bad night against Middleton (defending Class A Champs). He only scored 7 points and UC was still able to pull out a miraculous 1 point win at the buzzer. He is very capable of scoring 30-40 points on a good night. You have to limit what the other 4 get.

Don't blink Cloudland, you will find yourselves playing catch up real quick. I'll be pulling for you, go get (HIM) them.

The only thing that got my attention was that last sentence.....

Middleton stopped HIM,but couldn't beat THEM.... :)

How about a little info on Cloudland.....

Players to watch and stats

Starting line-ups and heights

First players off the bench

Why after a dismal regular season,have they gotten to The 'Boro??

Where is Cloudland??

Size of the school

State tournament history

Schools top rivals

Have they had some kids hurt or ineligible that got back in time for the district tourney??

You know things like that.....Don't worry about giving away some secret,I'm sure Shane and Marty Sisco already have game film and have started game planning...

Edited by backinthaoc

Cloudland can be found in Roan Mountain, TN, on the NC border. It is a small school, perhaps 350 in size, 7th - 12th grade. State Tournament histroy...don't ask <_< . Our top rivals have always been Unaka (state champs in 04 if I remember correctly) and Hampton. Also, all of our players are accounted for. None have been seriously hurt all season (that I know of).

Cloudland's record can be deceiving. Yes, a loss is a loss, however they have had several overtime games and games decided by 1 point. That has gave this team alot of character, and that has been hard to overcome for their opponents in tourneys. At this point in the year, the only thing that matters is their 7-0 mark to reach the state tourney. You can throw the regular season records out once you reach Mufreesboro. This team will surprise you, especially if you overlook them. They are not a big team or that athletic, but a sound and smart team. That is another key for them. They have no true superstars and it seems that someone different steps up every game. Ned Smith will probably play 10 players and that is nice to have that depth. Union City sounds like they have the weapons, coaching, and abilty to turn this game ugly if Cloudland doesn't show. I do not believe that will be a problem, but neither team can take this game lightly. If you look to the next game, this one may be your last. Both teams look to have advantages on paper, but come Wednesday what you have done to this point does not matter. The only thing that matters is the score at the end and who is moving on. Good luck to both teams, even though I am rooting for the Highlanders.