Rankings week of 3/12-19

mjuhb

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no-no I agree with you-but we have done the scoring with certain limitations (only with crosses and it had to be headed in) and we got just as harsh criticism and the losing team got just as frustrated. When we have done no scoring just keep away like the UNC Women's team used to do after 10 goals-again we were told we were "toying" with them. I guess i was hoping the refs had some kind of "mercy rule" like in little league baseball and we could call it early. It was ugly and it was harsh and you are totally right. Maybe I want an answer to an unaswerable question. But I do think since you guys in the east and middle of the state have such fierce competition and rarely play "easy" teams it may be hard for you to understand.

Yeah, Florida Highschool has a "slaughter rule" that if you are up by 10 goals in the second half, then the game is over. I have actually been on the 10 goal down side of that, and it is actually a relief to have that in place.

You are right. Kind of "danged if you do, danged if you don't". Don't score, and you are toying or playing with them. Do score and you are running it up. If I missjudged you, I am sorry. I also was not there, so I shouldn't judge. It just looks bad. I believe you are in district 14 or something like that. Not too many teams with experience out there. I think Martin Westview and Sheffield should give you a great match. Good luck.

Number 8, I am going to have to dissagree with you on this one. I don't think it shows a lot of class to decimate an opponent. Once you have proven you can score 5 or 6 or 7 goals, I think you should make some adjustments. Yes, this is competitive soccer, but sometimes, especially in A/AA you are playing teams that really never have played soccer before. And yes, I am actually a coach that has said, "we don't want to be to harsh on them". I don't regret it one bit.

Edited by BigGExpress

Yeah, Florida Highschool has a "slaughter rule" that if you are up by 10 goals in the second half, then the game is over. I have actually been on the 10 goal down side of that, and it is actually a relief to have that in place.

You are right. Kind of "danged if you do, danged if you don't". Don't score, and you are toying or playing with them. Do score and you are running it up. If I missjudged you, I am sorry. I also was not there, so I shouldn't judge. It just looks bad. I believe you are in district 14 or something like that. Not too many teams with experience out there. I think Martin Westview and Sheffield should give you a great match. Good luck.

Number 8, I am going to have to dissagree with you on this one. I don't think it shows a lot of class to decimate an opponent. Once you have proven you can score 5 or 6 or 7 goals, I think you should make some adjustments. Yes, this is competitive soccer, but sometimes, especially in A/AA you are playing teams that really never have played soccer before. And yes, I am actually a coach that has said, "we don't want to be to harsh on them". I don't regret it one bit.

I agree that you are right. There are many thing to be gained by competition. Humiliation is not one of them. Only in war should this be a goal. I appreciate your perspective. Young men on both sides of the ball deserve thier dignity in a high school sporting event.

Guest Number8

I agree that you are right. There are many thing to be gained by competition. Humiliation is not one of them. Only in war should this be a goal. I appreciate your perspective. Young men on both sides of the ball deserve thier dignity in a high school sporting event.

when i was younger, i used to play with the "big boys" and lose real badly, but that was the reason i got better. I have state my opinion, and there is not need to take it to the next level.

when i was younger, i used to play with the "big boys" and lose real badly, but that was the reason i got better. I have state my opinion, and there is not need to take it to the next level.

you have an interesting perspective. Playing with the "big boys" has nothing to do with allowing someone to "save face" I realize that you do not understand this concept. Pitty

Guest Number8

siegel 3-1 shelbyville

farragut 2-1 sullivan south

mccallie 1-0 ooltewah

jp2 1-0 mba

hendersonville 1-0 father ryan

anything about bearden or greenville

As a athlete participating in numerous sports, I do not believe in taking it easy on a team. I'm not sayin keep your varsity in and run a train, but as being beat before, I feel like it is more humiliating to be toyed with. Competion is competion, and if you are on the field, you need to be prepared to be beat 11-0.

Guest Number8

you have an interesting perspective. Playing with the "big boys" has nothing to do with allowing someone to "save face" I realize that you do not understand this concept. Pitty

Listen Dude i have My point of View on this and u got urs but, don't freaken tell me what i do and don't understand. This humiliation made me practice harder so it doesn't happan again, so just lay off before this turns into a big argument that no one can win!!!!

Edited by Number8