Rankings week of 3/12-19

mjuhb

Everyone, let me introduce you to the official representative of Science Hill soccer, a program that has gotten to the finals a few times and failed miserably. A program that is an afterthought today.

Ladies and gentlemen, Number 8!

Maybe you don't mean to, but to the rest of the state, you represent Science Hill. I don't know why the rest of your teammates don't MAKE you shut up on here.

Hey folks, it's easy. Play with class. Don't run your mouth. Yes, you can beat a team bad without running up the score and without them knowing that you are "toying" with them. The "real" coaches and players know this. Look at the best teams in the state year-in and year-out, teams like Bearden, Farragut, Father Ryan, Houston, Hendersonville, etc. They are, by far, better than so many of their opponents. Sometimes, their schedule pits them against some "less-than-experienced" opponents. Maybe it's during the postseason. They don't beat them 17-0. And yes, their 9th grade teams could probably beat them 17-0, but it doesn't happen, so it's not a good excuse, to say that "we put our JV in the game in the second half".

Any time there is a score more than 12-0 this season, make note of it. Odds are, these teams won't go very far.

Bruin-There are quite a few posts talking about sportmanship. Many like Big G and Coach of Three and a couple of others are Positive and thought-provoking and give a lot of insight to true sportmanship. When those guys talk about sportmanship-I buy it. I know they try their best in every area of their competitiveness. They play hard but fair-I BELIEVE they are good sports. But I dont buy that you are a good sport. You belittle and berate and your lectures on sportsmanship are ignored because everybody can tell from your posts that YOU are the bad sport because you are so negative about everybody except your own team.

Edited by JOE23

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone, let me introduce you to the official representative of Science Hill soccer, a program that has gotten to the finals a few times and failed miserably. A program that is an afterthought today.

Maybe you don't mean to, but to the rest of the state, you represent Science Hill. I don't know why the rest of your teammates don't MAKE you shut up on here.

Hey folks, it's easy. Play with class. Don't run your mouth. Yes, you can beat a team bad without running up the score and without them knowing that you are "toying" with them. The "real" coaches and players know this. Look at the best teams in the state year-in and year-out, teams like Bearden, Farragut, Father Ryan, Houston, Hendersonville, etc. They are, by far, better than so many of their opponents. Sometimes, their schedule pits them against some "less-than-experienced" opponents. Maybe it's during the postseason. They don't beat them 17-0. And yes, their 9th grade teams could probably beat them 17-0, but it doesn't happen, so it's not a good excuse, to say that "we put our JV in the game in the second half".

Any time there is a score more than 12-0 this season, make note of it. Odds are, these teams won't go very far.

We'll keep note of it, chief.

4/29/04- Brentwood beats Hillwood 16-0

5/10/04- Brentwood beats Spring Hill 12-0

4/08/04- State Champion MUS beats Lausanne 12-0

5/11/04- State Champion MUS beats Harding Acdy 12-0

05/09/05- Farragut beats Heritage 16-0

I did not even put in the number of 11-0, which for some reason, you don't find to be unsportsmanlike. There were at least 10 games from these "disciplined" teams where there was at least a 10 goal difference. So chew on it.

Edited by ambiguousrock

Guest Number8

I forgot to make a commant to what u said about me representing Science Hill high shool. Let me tell u this and to all who think that i represent SH. I DO NOT represent Schience hill high school, I ONLY represent MYSELF on the field. The 24 Players on our varsity team REPRESENT science hill high school, and we share the glory and we share the defeat.

Edited by Number8

Tonights games

White House at Beech

Station Camp at DCA

Crockett co at Dyersburg

Dobyns-Bennett at Elizabethton

South-Doyle at Farragut

Tullahoma at Independence

USJ at JCS

Siegel at Lincoln co

Glencliff at MLK

Southside at Madison A

Shelbyville at Oakland

Powell at Oak Ridge

Smyrna at Riverdale

Kenwood at Rossview

McCallie at Soddy-Daisy

Jp2 at USN

Guest Number8

Tonights games

White House at Beech

Station Camp at DCA

Crockett co at Dyersburg

Dobyns-Bennett at Elizabethton

South-Doyle at Farragut

Tullahoma at Independence

USJ at JCS

Siegel at Lincoln co

Glencliff at MLK

Southside at Madison A

Shelbyville at Oakland

Powell at Oak Ridge

Smyrna at Riverdale

Kenwood at Rossview

McCallie at Soddy-Daisy

Jp2 at USN

Good luck to Elizabethon!!!!!!! I have palyed them in our scrimmage game and i have played them several times at indoor. I really like their efforts and love for the game.

my 2 cents

dyersburg plays again tonight vs crockett co that got beat 9-0 by haywood co so it could get ugly again

some people don't realize the competition in rural west is some what weak

people also need to realize that the brazilians are the best soccer players in the world so anytime you can get one it is a major plus

running up the score all depends on the coach he has the power to stop it some do and and some don't it all about the coaches mind set

if this brazilian kid is so good than why isn't he in europe how did he end up in dyersburg and not a major club youth setup

my 2 cents

dyersburg plays again tonight vs crockett co that got beat 9-0 by haywood co so it could get ugly again

people also need to realize that the brazilians are the best soccer players in the world so anytime you can get one it is a major plus

running up the score all depends on the coach he has the power to stop it some do and and some don't it all about the coaches mind set

if this brazilian kid is so good than why isn't he in europe how did he end up in dyersburg and not a major club youth setup

mjuhb, your posts are getting easier to read! You are actually skipping spaces, and soon to start using punctuation! Just giving you a hard time! Hope things are going well for you out there. :lol:

As far as the rural west, I think that district 15 only has 1 school that actually plays soccer. That is why Sheffield has had an automatic berth into Region finals.

my 2 cents

Costa is a great player, an all-state caliber player, but he is not Freddy Adu or Cesc Fabercas or anything. He kinda got overblown on here obviously. Fernando has been in Dyersburg since his family moved here when he was in third grade. He and his family moved back to Brazil last year and while he was there he played on a good club team and he played a great Tourney or two and he was called up to participate in the U-18 Brazilian National Team training camp. He said he hated it, and left after a week. He also hated Brazil so he moved back here to live with a friend. So I hope that clears some stuff up.

West Tennessee in A/AA is a wasteland for soccer. There are about 6 real competitive teams: Westview, USJ, Sheffield, Madison, Dyersburg, and Haywood. Thats it. the rest of the teams are either ok or moderate, or they are just horrible. We have to play them, and thats why we do. We try to schedule better teams, thats why we have Ridgeway, Bolton, Madison, and Sheffield on our schedule. For those teams we are killing we score, and then we put in the JV..Now our JV is made up of mainly freshman who've never done an athletic thing in their life. So, they dont understand passing and ball control, or anything about soccer. Our coach cant put restrictions on them because they wont understand. Its a lost cause. What can you do? If you guys saw that game with our JV out there playing Gibson Co., you would have been wondering what you were watching, cuz it wasn't soccer.

Costa is a great player, an all-state caliber player, but he is not Freddy Adu or Cesc Fabercas or anything. He kinda got overblown on here obviously. Fernando has been in Dyersburg since his family moved here when he was in third grade. He and his family moved back to Brazil last year and while he was there he played on a good club team and he played a great Tourney or two and he was called up to participate in the U-18 Brazilian National Team training camp. He said he hated it, and left after a week. He also hated Brazil so he moved back here to live with a friend. So I hope that clears some stuff up.

West Tennessee in A/AA is a wasteland for soccer. There are about 6 real competitive teams: Westview, USJ, Sheffield, Madison, Dyersburg, and Haywood. Thats it. the rest of the teams are either ok or moderate, or they are just horrible. We have to play them, and thats why we do. We try to schedule better teams, thats why we have Ridgeway, Bolton, Madison, and Sheffield on our schedule. For those teams we are killing we score, and then we put in the JV..Now our JV is made up of mainly freshman who've never done an athletic thing in their life. So, they dont understand passing and ball control, or anything about soccer. Our coach cant put restrictions on them because they wont understand. Its a lost cause. What can you do? If you guys saw that game with our JV out there playing Gibson Co., you would have been wondering what you were watching, cuz it wasn't soccer.

thanks for clearing that up i didn't know how he got to dyersburg i was really confused about that

We'll keep note of it, chief.

4/29/04- Brentwood beats Hillwood 16-0

5/10/04- Brentwood beats Spring Hill 12-0

4/08/04- State Champion MUS beats Lausanne 12-0

5/11/04- State Champion MUS beats Harding Acdy 12-0

05/09/05- Farragut beats Heritage 16-0

I did not even put in the number of 11-0, which for some reason, you don't find to be unsportsmanlike. There were at least 10 games from these "disciplined" teams where there was at least a 10 goal difference. So chew on it.

dude, you are awesome :lol: great research! bruin, you just got joked

mjuhb, your posts are getting easier to read! You are actually skipping spaces, and soon to start using punctuation! Just giving you a hard time! Hope things are going well for you out there. :lol:

As far as the rural west, I think that district 15 only has 1 school that actually plays soccer. That is why Sheffield has had an automatic berth into Region finals.

you can blame tullahoma city schools for not teaching me the right sentence structure or grammar :lol:

Do you also have to travel pretty far to play the teams. I would assume that they are spread out.

How did you guys do last season? Wasn't there some issue about a player that played in a pick up game or something (or am I thinking about another team?)