Expanding the state tournament

icecold06

Before you start bashing read what I have to say. I was looking at the state tournamnt brackets and I am upset because there are some good games that I will mis due to the fact that I will be at work. has anybody ever thought about adding an extra day to the tournament so there wont be as many morning games and true basketball fans like myself could see more games. Just a thought

Before you start bashing read what I have to say. I was looking at the state tournamnt brackets and I am upset because there are some good games that I will mis due to the fact that I will be at work. has anybody ever thought about adding an extra day to the tournament so there wont be as many morning games and true basketball fans like myself could see more games. Just a thought

i use vacation every year. just something you have to plan for. adding an extra day just increases costs, ie. hotel & meal expenses.

i use vacation every year. just something you have to plan for. adding an extra day just increases costs, ie. hotel & meal expenses.

I plan on taking next Friday off but I dont think one extra day would e that bad I honestly think with the elimination of the morning games and adding an extra day the T$$AA would make more money because there would be more fans that could travel. I saw that Liberty and Haywood play next week in the morning if I'm not mistaken I have not seen either of these teams play that means i will not get to see one of them because I have to work when they are playing I was just wondering. it's all good though.

CSAS still wouldn't make it.

I AM JUST KIDDING!! NO HARD FEELINGS.

The reason for the compressed scheduling is the kids are already missing 3 or 4 days of school as it is and if this was a week-long event, then that would just add to the work these student-athletes have to make up...personally, I don't like morning games myself, but I love the all day games...no matter who is playing, 9 times out of 10, its a real good game...

And to the post about a 16 team tournament...I like that idea to, its good...but think about this...you have three classifications playing and that would be 48 teams playing in 4 days of basketball...that would be impossibly expensive and the TSSAA would have to stretch that into a two-week event...

CSAS still wouldn't make it.

I AM JUST KIDDING!! NO HARD FEELINGS.

Ha, it's all good. My boys will be back, as a matter of fact we got one of your 8th graders who is supposed to be pretty good. Just remember the all tme series lead still belongs to us and we will be back to retake control of our district and region that used to be oursso you better enjoy your last few days in the sun buddy.

I love rivalries this is what makes sports great.Hey where is Albert Curtis that dude was the real deal

Doesnt sound lke that bad of an idea. But the kids would miss more school.

I would like to see a dunk contest and three point contest thrown in the schedule somewhere for kids who made it to state. That would just make it more fun for fans and players.

I don't think the kids missing more school would be an issue, I know most schools around here seem to be off every month for about a week or 2.

I would like to see 3pt and dunk contest at the state tournament.

Kids missing more school or being out late apparently is an issue somewhere. Next year, all district and region tourneys will have no more than two games per night (with exceptions made for weather problems), which will expand tournaments by at least two additional nights--and shorten the regular season.

Why we make the change after 30 years, I really don't know. Some districts are already on this schedule, but many haven't been. It'll be a pretty big change for districts/regions not used to it.

There is more time off now from school, even though the school year is longer, but school officials take instruction time a lot more seriously than they did back in the "old days."