USJ violation

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked this question at the parent meeting..

What will be recorded with the TSSAA concerning the TSSAA Class A championship? The Chairman of the USJ Board responded, USJ's name would be listed by champion with an asterick *saying forfeiture due to inadvertently playing a ineligible player. That's what we were told.

what else was said at this meeting?

Did this incident with athletics along with the controversy over discipline handed out due to cheating greatly contribute to Maloan's resignation as USJ headmaster. I thought he was a favorite of the board and pretty well thought of in the school / community.

I may be wrong, but I believe that Harriman lost both of its State Tournament games to USJ. If this is the case, then Harriman would be undefeated and should be the State Champion.

Once again, for those with the ability to see the whole picture, there is absolutely NO fair way to award anyone with a state championship trophy other than by winning the games on the field. Who is to say that Harriman would still win the pool if USJ hadn't been there, or that they would beat FCS in the championship game? Let's be reasonable.

I do not believe its out of line I think its the truth it is the tip of the iceburg.

Congrats to USJ its about dang time.

Just curious, what do you think USJ's punishment should be for the other 37 (non-athlete) students that were allowed to be 30+ days behind on their tuition during the same time-frame? You act as if athletes were given special treatment and that is not the case.

My final statement on this thread.

Edited by necvol

Just curious, what do you think USJ's punishment should be for the other 37 (non-athlete) students that were allowed to be 30+ days behind on their tuition during the say time-frame? You act as if athletes were given special treatment and that is not the case.

My final statement on this thread.

Their grades will be deleted, their names removed from the system, and they and their friends, friends' friends, and enemies will be expelled. Oh, and all athletics will be forfeited for ten years to come.

as i see it there is two ways to look at this neither is all that great

1. the adm. and ath. dept. knew the rules and knew they were in viol. and turned there heads and did nothing which may or may not have happend if it did then there are two sets of losers in this, the other players on the usj team who played hard all year, and the teams usj beat in reg. season and toun. play

or

2. no one in the adm. or the ath. dept. knew the rules and were complely in the dark on this issue. now not knowing for sure im assuming that both the adm. and ath. dept have competent ind. running each so i would assume they would be up to date on elig. rules

draw your own con.

:thumb:

Their grades will be deleted, their names removed from the system, and they and their friends, friends' friends, and enemies will be expelled. Oh, and all athletics will be forfeited for ten years to come.

;) Too Funny BP! You forgot public hangings and scarlet letters! Way to keep things in perspective. :thumb:

USJ should at least be put on PROBATION.

Just think about how FC players felt when they were beat by a team that was not even compliant with TSSAA rules. When they were all on the field in a dog pile and rejoicing there win with all the FC players sad and hurt with disappointment of not winning. you can't give that type of joy back even if they awarded the title to FC.

Also they should move them to DII !!!