District 7A in 2006-2007

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is early to project next season, but here are my predictions:

1. RBS- return all but one player off a state tournament team. Jordan will be missed but I look for the other players to improve and make up for the loss. Also, Leonard will be a year older which will allow her to be stronger and more mature. They appear to have all the pieces in place for another run next season.

2. Jackson County- lose three starters off the possible state championship team this season.. Dyer, Maxwell, and Sevier will team with 6'6'' Ferris to form a very balanced lineup. Look for this team to be the best defensive team in the district.

3. Clarkrange- will be a down year by their standards, but there is still plenty of talent to finish in the top tier of this district. Phillips will be the go-to player, but the Buffaloes will need some help handling the ball.

4. Clay County- only lose two players, albeit a very good one in Watson. Plenty of talent returns led by probably the most athletic player in the district, Copas, and two very capable guards.

5. Pickett County- return three starters and should improve in their second season under Painter. This team could be dangerous if Smith learns to play closer to the basket and Wright decides to play hard and use her teammates.

6. Monterey- showed some flashes this season, but will miss Harris. I don't expect much next season, but Adkins did prove to be a big-time scorer at times.

7. Hermitage Springs- the loss of King will hurt more than losing any other player in the district. She did more for her team than anyone else, so I don't look for them to win a game in the district.

6. Monterey- showed some flashes this season, but will miss Harris. I don't expect much next season, but Adkins did prove to be a big-time scorer at times.

I agree that they will miss harris next year. But on the same note they have a 8th grader coming in that is going to be good. She played at burks middle school and scored half of the teams points she is an excellent rebounder and plays with alot of heart. Her name is Molly Heady. Although they will more than likely not be in contention of winning the district I believe they may surprise a few people. Especially in 2 to 3 years. Just my opinion

It is early to project next season, but here are my predictions:

1. RBS- return all but one player off a state tournament team. Jordan will be missed but I look for the other players to improve and make up for the loss. Also, Leonard will be a year older which will allow her to be stronger and more mature. They appear to have all the pieces in place for another run next season.

2. Jackson County- lose three starters off the possible state championship team this season.. Dyer, Maxwell, and Sevier will team with 6'6'' Ferris to form a very balanced lineup. Look for this team to be the best defensive team in the district.

3. Clarkrange- will be a down year by their standards, but there is still plenty of talent to finish in the top tier of this district. Phillips will be the go-to player, but the Buffaloes will need some help handling the ball.

4. Clay County- only lose two players, albeit a very good one in Watson. Plenty of talent returns led by probably the most athletic player in the district, Copas, and two very capable guards.

5. Pickett County- return three starters and should improve in their second season under Painter. This team could be dangerous if Smith learns to play closer to the basket and Wright decides to play hard and use her teammates.

7. Hermitage Springs- the loss of King will hurt more than losing any other player in the district. She did more for her team than anyone else, so I don't look for them to win a game in the district.

Good break down on C-range. If their ball handling comes together, they can shoot with anybody in the state!!

Jackson County is never picked first in the preseason polls, and yet they always finish in 1st. You would think people would learn their lesson.

1. Jackson Co. - They will relaod

2. RBS - Might be their year to beat JC?

3. Clarkrange - Lost alot

4. Pickett Co. - good young team

5. Clay Co. - good young team also

6. Monterey - Adkins leads this team again.

7. HS - Oh boy, they will struggle.

Edited by bob77