Wayne Co. vs. Clay Co.

UCSportsFan

Do you think UC playing such a weak team will help or hurt them?

Weddle was good but not as great as I thought he would be. Maybe it was just playing such a bad team(and he was just layin back). Personally I thought Eldridge looked the best out of the class A teams I saw. (I didnt see the Humboldt Cosby game.)

humboldt had two players that looked awesome....toylon smith and i dont know the other guys but he scored at will

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw the last 6 min of the game, granted that is only 6 minutes and the last 6, but i wasnt impressed by what i saw. neither team was making their shots and appeared slow(it was the end of the game i understand) but thats no excuse, watch UC play humboldt or Lake county, it doesnt slow down(true athletes) im anxious to see this amazing gaurd cj hammonds i think. we'll see if HIS amazing quickness is enough for UNION CITY'S amazing quickness.

best of luck to both...UC by 15

Weddle was good but not as great as I thought he would be. Maybe it was just playing such a bad team(and he was just layin back). Personally I thought Eldridge looked the best out of the class A teams I saw. (I didnt see the Humboldt Cosby game.)

I think UC playing Cloudland will do basically nothing for them. I thought Weddle was going to show me more today also, but maybe when more is at stake and they dont play a joke of a team like Cloudland he'll show up. But i dont really know how well WC will match up to UC, but then again i dont know how well UC will match up with WC inside. This ought to be intresting.

I think UC playing Cloudland will do basically nothing for them. I thought Weddle was going to show me more today also, but maybe when more is at stake and they dont play a joke of a team like Cloudland he'll show up. But i dont really know how well WC will match up to UC, but then again i dont know how well UC will match up with WC inside. This ought to be intresting.

weddle will show up when he plays for more than 12 minutes a game :unsure:

13 points in 12 minutes...thats on 3/8 of the game

if he had played the whole game scoring like he was he would have had approx 34 pts

not bad in my book

weddle will show up when he plays for more than 12 minutes a game :thumb:

13 points in 12 minutes...thats on 3/8 of the game

if he had played the whole game scoring like he was he would have had approx 34 pts

not bad in my book

Actually he had 12pts in 17 mins. Still not bad but thats on pace for like 23 pts. He can shoot lights out; I just thought he would be a little quicker. I remember him getting blocked. I can tell he is a very good player, just maybe not all some people played him up to be. ( I was expecting MJ to walk out there :unsure: )

For those picking against Wayne Co. and saying their going to get destroyed and whatever. I implore you to re-read this thread in which I think maybe 2 people picked Wayne Co. to win. Even better than that dig up the old threads, and you can probably go back as far as Region or maybe even District. People have been picking against them this entire run, and from the entire state in single A they are one of the 4 remaining teams.

So you've all heard that history repeats itself, so keep picking against WC and let's see how far they go.

Nobody's shutting CJ Hammack down. It's one of those things in life like the grass always being green and the sky blue. It's not going to change. Wayne County can play with that team, we didn't play our best game against Clay County, and I'm sure this is the only game most people are judging us by. I know for a fact my boys are coming out tomorrow as a different team. I was with them last year, I know what type of routine they had last year, and I know they're in a gym right now working hard and getting themselves ready. So Union City doesn't need to be clearing space in a trophy case back home for a gold/silver ball just yet. We've beaten all the teams we weren't supposed to beat in situations we weren't supposed to overcome. I wouldn't put anything past Coach Franks and Coach Morris, especially when you get a motivated Daniel Doyle and CJ Hammack on the court.

#23 and #40 aren't weak links. In fact, AJ Bell #23 sealed the game against Clay County yesterday for the record. So everyone needs to stop hating on AJ, he contributes with hustle plays, scoring isn't the only stat to look at. And #40 Daniel Warren comes off the bench for AJ and supplies a solid 5-10 points, including a big time pressure defense.

Hammonds #44 is going to have to have a better game tomorrow than he did Wednesday, he just wasn't playing like himself, but I know he'll change it around. And you're talking about us having no other ball handlers, #10 Andy Beckham is one of the best dribblers in terms of handling skills Wayne County's had in a while, it's just CJ runs the point and he's so fast.

Wayne County has everything needed to pull the upset, it's just a matter of doing the little things and getting the job done. I'm not writing my boys off like everyone else. Anything can happen in the Murphy Center.

Actually he had 12pts in 17 mins. Still not bad but thats on pace for like 23 pts. He can shoot lights out; I just thought he would be a little quicker. I remember him getting blocked. I can tell he is a very good player, just maybe not all some people played him up to be. ( I was expecting MJ to walk out there :D )

Ask Bolivar,Haywood County,Lake County,Humboldt,Trenton Peabody and some other folks he has absolutely LIT up this year and in his career....When UC is pushed and he puts the team on his back,he is practically unstopable....

You must not have seen Humboldt play....

I think UC playing a weak team will help....Wayne Co had to play for 32 mins all out to win...UC got accustomed to the arena,the starters played about half the game and UC basically had a walk thru with Cloudland......Wayne County will have to be able to run,run,run and defend if they are going to beat the Tornadoes....Who did Wayne County play during the season the caliber of Union City and Humboldt???