new name for Obion County

chasd

The first order of business for the new Superintendant will be to be blamed for change of the name from the Rebels to the Rattlers. It is a done deal and already included in the designs of the new gym. The powers that be have already made the decision and I hope the New Guy , who ever it is doesnt take the heat for it.

Rattlers :lol: Nice try, but I highly doubt it :lol:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rattlers would be great too. I hear there are a few "snakes" over there!

Obion Co Central Rattlehearts! :lol:

Truthfully, it would be absolutely stupid to change nicknames. That seemed to be the wave for several schools back in the 90s. It is so stupid. Why would you want to do anything that affects your alumni? I hate the Skyhawks nickname at UTM, why did they change, because they were STUPID!

Now that basketball is finally over. Redbirdfan, are you as sick as I am that 13AA didn't get it done? This was the year that we should have had 2 teams play in the state finals! Oh well, maybe there is next year, at least for ya'll. Westview will fight it out with Dyer Co and Crockett Co.

I was right on my prediction after the Westview gaggle! I said that the winner of the Hillcrest -Obion Co game would win the gold ball....

RATTLERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It's been a while since at least one team from 13AA wasn't in the BORO.. I thought

we'd definately see at least one, perhaps two squads up there.. Hillcrest had way too much speed for the other seven schools at MTSU this year.. Yeah, I wasn't crazy about the fact that no squads in our neck of the woods didn't advance up to the BORO. Next year, we'll see. Way too much talent and experience coming back for the Lady Rebels(or is it Lady Rattlers?? :thumb: ) next year and a good group of FR> coming in at OC ;)

The Palace in TROY will be rockin' next season B)

It's been a while since at least one team from 13AA wasn't in the BORO.. I thought

we'd definately see at least one, perhaps two squads up there.. Hillcrest had way too much speed for the other seven schools at MTSU this year.. Yeah, I wasn't crazy about the fact that no squads in our neck of the woods didn't advance up to the BORO. Next year, we'll see. Way too much talent and experience coming back for the Lady Rebels(or is it Lady Rattlers?? :thumb: ) next year and a good group of FR> coming in at OC ;)

The Palace in TROY will be rockin' next season B)

A bad as I hate to say it......Obion Co will be better than Westview over the next few years. The next Westview win over Obion Co will be an upset.....I am still in morning over that Ripley debacle. B)

Maybe ya'll can carry the torch for 13AA for a few years.....dadgumit!!!!B)

OCCHS's colors came from a combination of previous small rural schools like Hornbeak, Rives, Obion, Dixie, Woodland Mills, Troy, etc. But Red White & Blue are America's colors, not Rebels. Change the name and the colors.

Keep the colors the same; keep the mascot name the same. Remember our

country's founding fathers were rebels, too. My question: Will the gym still be the "Pit", "Pit 2", "More Pit", " Deeper Pit", "Deep Fry Pit" or what? :(