Pre-game rituals and songs

straightbill307

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rap is crap.

You can hate on rap all you want, and that's fine. But if listening to it before a game on one of your team mates ipod's gets him fired up enough to go 3 for 5 and w/ a double and a home run. I'll let him borrow my ipod to listen to it.

I personally cannot stand hardcore rock. I don't hate on people that do listen to it, I just don't listen to it. Whatever works....works. If Metallica is what it takes, then so be it. But not for all of us.

A little disappointed that no one has mentioned the National Anthem!

I agree the national anthem does get you going a bit. There's nothing like standing on the base line when your playing away and listening to the anthem and getting pumped. Even better when your playing at home and your out on the field listening to it.

Unless it's like a church chorus singing or something. Nothing against that, but it doesn't get you near as fired up. Jimmy Hendrix guitar solo of the anthem is what really sets it off.

Unfortunately my team doesn't get to pick out the music, we just listen to some good ol' country music. Its so depressing to listen to that before a game. I think the best stuff to come out to would be for sure some hard rock...maybe a little bit of Mudvayne, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, or Crossfade. You just gotta get pumped and country music sure doesn't do it. Oh yeah and we have the Lord's Prayer and then the national anthem before the game as well.

If u want to hear rap go back to the ghetto while us men are rockin out on the field.

(in my opinion) theres nothing worse than going out on the field and hearing some '80s music, ac/dc, guns and roses.... its just hard to get the blood flowing.. id rather hear the rap, get the rhythm in my head.. it gets you pumped.. ask around.. id believe that most players would rather hear rap than old rock while they warm up.. at least most the player get to chose their warm up song before they go to bat.. if the team does that.. but that is simply my opinion.. unless you are the one playing the game.. it doesnt matter what music you enjoy listening to.. if u dont like what they are playing, the make these things call cd players, and ipods, and walkmen. get one and put on the head-phones.. Im Took, Good Day