Goodpasture Softball

observations

Kaci Clark and Brooke Seibel were not too bad either..................... :ph34r:

You know we are off the subject which is Goodpasture softball but concerning the alternate topic of top pitchers to leave Tennessee there have been several good ones. The most successful , I would have to say is Rhodes. She is pitching a lot , and successfully for a TOP 2 DIVISION I College program, Tennessee. Peroni was recruited by the same top 2 college which says a lot too. Faircloth and Booth , I dont think ever pitched 18U Gold , or at the college world series and they didnt play for a top two college team. That doesnt mean they werent successful around here. I think it is harder to be great now. Batters are better, coaches are better, kids are in more hitting lessons from age 9. Ball is much better than it was is Booth's and Faircloth's time, at least around here.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Megan Rhodes and Peroni are the best two pitchers to ever come out of Tennessee. Goodpasture lost a major pitcher. Not to put anybody else down. Certainly nothing against Devon or any other pitcher on Goodpastures staff. It just was a very strong statement to say the pitching is just as good as last year when Peroni was pitching. Best of luck to your team and coach. They will always have a great program! And by the way, Peroni was recruited as a pitcher, she just will not be a part of the main pitching staff until after Monica graduates. That is usually the way it goes when you are a freshman.

They may be the best in the last 6-8 years, but no way are they better than Brooke Seibel and Kaci Clark. I have known all four and all were outstanding in their own time. April Faircloth, Kim Dunlap and Booth were all strong at Ezell also. Their is a good history of dominant pitching in Tennesse. Danielle and Megan are certainly deserving of being mentioned, but the best ever? No sir. The defense behind a pticher can make them look pretty good too.

They may be the best in the last 6-8 years, but no way are they better than Brooke Seibel and Kaci Clark. I have known all four and all were outstanding in their own time. April Faircloth, Kim Dunlap and Booth were all strong at Ezell also. Their is a good history of dominant pitching in Tennesse. Danielle and Megan are certainly deserving of being mentioned, but the best ever? No sir. The defense behind a pticher can make them look pretty good too.

Who did Brooke and Kaci play for in high school? College? What summer team?

I think Devon is about were Peroni was when she was in 10Gr, if not a little better, She will do just fine this year, she tough as nails.

take it from one who hit off pieroni when she was a sophomore... not take anything away but Pieroni was a better pitcher in 10th grade than Devon. Devon is still young and very hittable. It will come.

Who did Brooke and Kaci play for in high school? College? What summer team?

Brooke Seibel--Father Ryan-Northwestern. She was injured and missed one year at Northwestern. She played her "senior" year I believe at Oklahoma State.

Kaci Clark--Brentwood--UCLA--Most valuable pitcher in the now-defunct women's pro league.

They both played for the "Eagles" at different times.

Edited by bigchief

Brooke Seibel--Father Ryan-Northwestern. She was injured and missed one year at Northwestern. She played her "senior" year I believe at Oklahoma State.

Kaci Clark--Brentwood--UCLA--Most valuable pitcher in the now-defunct women's pro league.

They both played for the "Eagles" at different times.

When did Kaci Clark play for brentwood?

She finished at Brentwood in 1992. Signed with Georgia State and was their MVP in '93 and '94. Granted her release and went to UCLA for '95 and '96. She was 14-3 in '96. Member of National Championship team in '95.

1998-Most Valuable Pitcher in the Women's Pro League while playing for the Orlando Wahoos. Playing with the Brakettes in 2002, she was 29-0 with 365 k's and an absolutely ridiculous .12 ERA against the best in the world. In 2003 she was 25-2 with 308 k's and a .46 ERA. She was working for Frozen Ropes, but I don't know if she still is. She also coached at Florida at one time. She was clocked at 66-67 mph. from 43 feet.

Fastpitch101, I have to agree with Bigchief on this one. I have coached and played against the best of the best back in the 90's, and I have watched the talent in this state for over 20 years. I have to go with Bigchief on this one. The younger players are good, no doubt about it; BUT I believe most of the parents and players today did not have the opportunity to see the great players of the past. I try to put it all in perspective about who is the BEST. I look at what they did AFTER H.S. The players like Brooke Siebel ( I still think is the best all round ) to play in this state. Kaci Clark, April Faircloth, Beth Alexander, Amanda Fine, Jill Booth, Lindy Lowery, and others had great college careers. When you make All- American in college, you get my attention. To date, I don't know of any players in the past 4-6 years that have the college awards of these older players. Just my opinion.

Youth, inexperience, and undestimating your opponent will sometimes overcome the talent, as shown from last night when we lost to FRA 4-3. FRA played errorless ball, Courtney pitched great, and they took advantage of errors we committed. Great game FRA you outhit, out fielded, and outpitched us. Hoepfully this will wake us up for this weekend.

From what I have seen so far from this team, is that the batting line-up will be more consistant from 1-9 then last year due to the meat of our lineup last year was either a homerun or a strikeout. Pitching will be as strong. This years team has more speed and will be able to play small ball when needed.

This years Goodpasture team can't compete with the teams of the past few years. Pitching is not nearly as dominate and the hitting lacks the power of past years. I predict the weakest Goodpasture team in several years, but still a pretty good team who should win the state playing in a fairly weak classification.