Tennessee/Georgia All-Star Game

Rt-21CBTrap

The third annual Velocity Sports Performance Tennessee-Georgia All-Star Football Classic

This year's game, featuring some of the top seniors from the Class of 2006 in Northwest Georgia and Southeast Tennessee, will be held on June 10 at 6 p.m. at Finley Stadium in Chattanooga, Tenn.

Finley Stadium is the home of the NCAA I-AA National Championship Game and UT-Chattanooga Mocs.

The Velocity Tennessee/Georgia series is tied at one win each. Tennessee won the inaugural game, 28-7, before more than 4,000 fans at Ridgeland High School in 2004.

Team Tennessee held Georgia to just 127 total yards in the game.

Georgia got revenge with a 29-7 win in last year's game. The contest was held in front of more than 2,000 fans who endured a steady downpour at East

Ridge (Tenn.) High School. The Georgia defense dominated the game,

limiting Tennessee to just 22 second-half yards.

Notre Dame's Charlie Wiggins will lead the Tennessee squad. The (Chattanooga) Notre Dame head coach guided the Irish to a No. 1 ranking in Class AAA and a 13-1 record before falling in the state semifinals.

Sid Fritts of Rome High will direct the Peach State stars. Fritts led the Wolves to an 11-2 record and the Region 7-AAAA championship before losing in the quarterfinals in the Class AAAA state playoffs last fall.

Edited by Sequatchie

Where is that stadium located

Downtown Chattanooga its where the Chattanooga Mocs play there home games and its the home of the 1-AA National Championship game. I think its a great stadium to watch a game in.

2465_finley12.jpg

LINK: Finley Stadium - Davenport Field

The stadium had the new field turf added last summer.

LINK:New Turf Installed at Finley Stadium

70099_turf_2.jpg

Edited by Sequatchie

Interesting tidbit......

The head coach for the Georgia team is going to be Coach Sid Fritts. I have heard that he has had a lot of success in Georgia, but began his career in Tennessee before moving there. Even more to chew on, another coach on the staff with Coach Fritts is Coach Chad Perry. I am not sure where he is now, but he took a head coaching job last year in Georgia after being an assistant down there for two years. He is from TN too.

I just thought it was ironic for two of the coaches coaching the GA all-star team were originally from TN!

• 3 weeks later...