Whats going on at Central

littlemn88

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Maryville fan I have a lot of respect for Joel Helton and his staff. Central is always the toughest team that Maryville plays besides the state title game. Coach Mac always schemes the Maryville offense well. His defensive players alway play hard. I agree if Helton does leave then Coach Mac should get the head coaching job. I have said this more than once. Central by being as good as they are makes Maryville better. There is no doubt if it wasn't for Maryville. Central would have made it to several state title games.

Edited by REBELRON

Med,

I never claimed to be an expert on any topic discussed here. I do have opinions and I do have frequent conversations with several east Tennessee head coaches and parents. All that makes me is another guy who hears gossip, much of which will likely turn out to be false, but some of which may turn out to be close to true. I just get a kick out of people who think when someone tells them something in confidence that they are not telling the same information to others as well.There is not much "top-secret" info around in today's world. I don't know what is happening with either coach...and guess what...neither do you or HTV or anyone else except for the principles (the coaches in question). Right now it's just a bunch of rumors and speculation.

Ole Dad

quote name='medman' date='Mar 21 2006 - 09:44 AM' post='825997179']

Ole Dad--1st off, I don't think you've ever answered HTV's question. What makes you such an expert on happenings in North Knox Co? Do you follow a certain team or have a kid on a team? 2nd, I never claimed to be an expert or have the scoop, as you say, on things. Many crazy rumors get started on here, like Julian coming to Central, that are read by the people involved and also the kids on the various teams involved. While I agree with you that this is an open forum, I also have a lot of respect for coach Helton, and until he decides one way or the other, this is all a bit too early. Will he decide to move on, I, for one, haven't a clue. But like Pigskin said, don't believe everything you hear on here.

As a Maryville fan I have a lot of respect for Joel Helton and his staff. Central is always the toughest team that Maryville plays besides the state title game. Coach Mac always schemes the Maryville offense well. His defensive players alway play hard. I agree if Helton does leave then Coach Mac should get the head coaching job. I have said this more than once. Central by being as good as they are makes Maryville better. There is no doubt if it wasn't for Maryville. Central would have made it to several state title games.

Yes, Central would have made it. Good coach that gets his players to play hard.

Heard from a source inside the program that Helton and the Administration had a meeting and some words were said. Evidently Helton pretty much told them they could have the job. Dont know what the meeting was about though could not get that out of the source. Must be something Helton has done or didnt do. CHSOL68 it would be a blessing to get Julian over the ridge. Look what he has done at Halls with hardly any talent. Do not think that will happen though, Julian I doubt would be interested. Coach Mac will be the next head coach.

First of all,

1) There has been NOOOOOOOOOO meeting, and Helton is not going anywhere.

2) Second of all CHS OL 68, you need more to do over your spring break (like learning the weight room is located on Marion Street, and was open 3 days last week).

3) Thirdly, you would have had to have been present for point # 2 in order to state factual information or at least know what you are talking about.

:thumb:

Jkerrbdajerk

1st of all why are you coming on here and publicly attacking CHS OL 68? He hasn't said anything on here that wasn't above board. You act like you know something...then come clean with your info....otherwise show a little class when using the forum to discuss the topics.

Ole Dad

First of all,

1) There has been NOOOOOOOOOO meeting, and Helton is not going anywhere.

2) Second of all CHS OL 68, you need more to do over your spring break (like learning the weight room is located on Marion Street, and was open 3 days last week).

3) Thirdly, you would have had to have been present for point # 2 in order to state factual information or at least know what you are talking about.

;)