BA vs. TSSAA Ruling In

itzme

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the last link. First one didn't work and the slate article is abviously wtitten by someone looking for a little shock factor.

Sorry about the problem cut and paste the link below in your address bar

http://www.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions/opinion.php?puid=0

and then fine

Short Title contains

type in

BRENTWOOD ACADEMY

read page 5 of this one 01a0281p.06 second column, second paragraph, of the 2001 ruling from the 6th Circuit court of Appeals. It explains the "alleged recruiting rule violations"

Edited by Bill#49

Bill..... please man enough with the caps and colors. You did that on the other thread and you don't seem to get it. Everyone ( and you ) say you coach at a public school, so why type on here like a 12 year old ? Stick to facts and act like a man and maybe people will respect your opinions even if they disagree.

Notice the quote "alleged". So far, according to the courts ... BA hasn't done anything wrong. All they have done is used their constitutional rights to free speach.

Bill ... please, please, please stop using the crazy fonts and colors. You are now participating in a great way by not making accusations and repeating rumor. You are adding to the conversation and the rest of us would like to read your posts without getting vicious cases of vertigo. We don't really need the emphasis placed on words and such. We know you teach school and that at times it is necessary ... but most hear are adults and I'm positive they can read and write somewhat.

Bill..... please man enough with the caps and colors. You did that on the other thread and you don't seem to get it. Everyone ( and you ) say you coach at a public school, so why type on here like a 12 year old ? Stick to facts and act like a man and maybe people will respect your opinions even if they disagree.

Bill...You have been asked to stop. I know I have already asked you once to stop using all caps. It is considered bad ettiquette on a message board plus it`s harder to read. Last warning from me.

VG

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

It really doesn't have anything to do with liking you.. I agree with tnsddeveloper you do bring some interesting points to the table ( even though we disagree ) I just don't see the need to do all the "extra " things. I would like to think we could disagree but keep it on a mature level that's all.

The Coach involved with wining and dining Charles Hathaway and his family was then MBA basketball coach Ricky Bowers. His hand was slapped by the TSSAA and he has continued on only it is at Ensworth now.

I did a Google search (multiple ones) ... there is not evidence this ever happened. So I was curious ... what kind of information can I get by just calling the TSSAA offices. Apparently a lot ... all you have to do is ask. There was no action taken against anyone for a theoritical situation as stated above involving Charles and BA and/or MBA.

It is inappropriate for a moderator to edit a post because of caps.

Read the rules VG! Try to restrain yourself and use some self-control.

Bill...You have been asked to stop. I know I have already asked you once to stop using all caps. It is considered bad ettiquette on a message board plus it`s harder to read. Last warning from me.

VG

Uh, oh! Stan is accusing VoGe of a rules violation! :blink:

Stan - is this a valid violation or is it a TSSAA 2-bit application of an invalid rule? :lol:

The obvious solution would be to separate the members into large

font posters and small font posters. However, this is may be

interpreted as a free speech issue subject to review by the Courts. :lol: