Single A Tourney

bed2i

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a point, 3 of the top 4 teams in the tounry were on one side of the bracket. there isnt anything you can do, but you shouldnt get after him for just saying the truth. humboldt Grace and Cosby were all one one side. I think you could even say East Robertson would beat Cloudland, Clay, and Wayne. It would have been VERY difficult for a team from that side to take home the gold ball. Uc didnt really have a tough game on their side while the other side was playing their hearts out. But their is nothing you can do about it... the best team won.

Here's a reason they load up the bracket...The T.$.$.A.A. want an east/middle vs. west matchup. More money period. If they divided them up fairly, they would have a west vs. west finals. Outside of Grace (& they couldn't win it), in Single A, the top 6 teams from the West could have won it. It's a fact that no one wants to admit, but still a fact. :thumb::thumb::huh:

Here's a reason they load up the bracket...The T.$.$.A.A. want an east/middle vs. west matchup. More money period. If they divided them up fairly, they would have a west vs. west finals. Outside of Grace (& they couldn't win it), in Single A, the top 6 teams from the West could have won it. It's a fact that no one wants to admit, but still a fact. :thumb::thumb::huh:

Wrong

wayne co played union city a better game than grace did but no one there was going to beat uc. they were just playin too hot at the right time. grace beat humbolt who was the 2nd best team from the west so you can't say that the top 6 from the west could have won it. uc was not going to be beat but of the other three teams in the final four, they were all pretty evenly matched in my opinion. depending on which team played the best that day would have been the deciding factor with any on those three teams playing each other.

wayne co played union city a better game than grace did but no one there was going to beat uc. they were just playin too hot at the right time. grace beat humbolt who was the 2nd best team from the west so you can't say that the top 6 from the west could have won it. uc was not going to be beat but of the other three teams in the final four, they were all pretty evenly matched in my opinion. depending on which team played the best that day would have been the deciding factor with any on those three teams playing each other.

I don't believe Wayne Co. would have been able to beat Grace. They were solid, but not spectacular. I believe UC played by far its best game of the tournament against Grace on Saturday. You are correct in saying that UC was the best team in it. I was quite unimpressed with Humboldt. They were VERY poorly coached and had no one that could hit an outside jumper. I watched them warm up and was shocked at how awful their shooting forms were. Wayne County probably could have beaten Humboldt on a good day. I think Grace had a little too much for Wayne Co., but would not have blown them out by any stretch of the imagination. Overall, the best team went home with the Gold Ball.

I don't believe Wayne Co. would have been able to beat Grace. They were solid, but not spectacular. I believe UC played by far its best game of the tournament against Grace on Saturday. You are correct in saying that UC was the best team in it. I was quite unimpressed with Humboldt. They were VERY poorly coached and had no one that could hit an outside jumper. I watched them warm up and was shocked at how awful their shooting forms were. Wayne County probably could have beaten Humboldt on a good day. I think Grace had a little too much for Wayne Co., but would not have blown them out by any stretch of the imagination. Overall, the best team went home with the Gold Ball.

I agree that the best team went home with the gold ball (im from uc), but i have to disagree that Humboldt can't hit the outside shot. They were just having a bad day, or maybe they werent as ready for the game (mentally) as they should....when they played UC, Toylon and others absolutely lit up the 3. Kelsey also was killing.

They do kind of play a "everybody run towards the ball and trap" kind of defense. They don't seem to have a certain defense other than that. I don't think that they are VERY poorly coached, that is just the way they play.