Single A Tourney

bed2i

I am going to start out and say that there were a lot of good bball games played this week and congratulations to the UC Tornados.

Now, I am going to apologize if I offended anyone this past week and I was wrong about several players that played this week.

I know it is a little late and that several of you were dogging me pretty bad, and I will admit that I deserved it. I will give Grace Baptist a sperate apology; I completely underestimated your basketball team. You guys had a great game yesterday; Eldridge had an awesome game and excellent first half. The big kid also played a factor in the game even though he did not score that many points. Y'all played smart and shot extremely well...y'all flat out outplayed Humboldt. I am not going to sit here and make excuses, but that was not the same Humboldt team that played all year and beat Cosby Wed. night. I wish that we could have had a good game to see what both teams looked like while on top of their games. Hats off to the Golden Eagles.

As for the championship game, I think Grace may have wasted a few too many shots on Humboldt and just could not hit much, compared to their game against Humboldt. Union City, you guys played good, but I had seen you play even better. You guys played the best today, but I would have loved to see a Round 5 for the state championship between Humboldt and UC. I think it would have been even better than the Regional Champ. matchup.

As for my final thoughts, I am not being bitter because Humboldt did not make it to the championship or win it all. Hats off to UC and Grace. I am not hating on these other teams, but simply stating the obivious. The top bracket that UC was in seemed a little easy and had probably what would be considered the three lowest seeds there (Cloudland, Wayne Co., and Clay Co.). The other bracket defintielty seemed like there was more talented teams in it. I think the TSSAA should do something new in how the matchups are determined. This is just my idea, but they ought to consider ranking the teams 1-8, just to avoid having one bracket that is stacked and another that seemed less talented. Even in class AA, they had probably what were the best four teams playing each other in the first round in Haywood vs. Liberty and Mitchell vs. Bolivar. Just a thought.

Congratulations to all teams and to the West for bring three gold balls back to the other side of the river.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea...shut up. guess it's how the cookie crumbles. humboldt got put out by grace. grace got put out by union city. we all took different routes to get there. but if you can't compete in the 'harder' bracket, you shouldn't be in murfreesboro to begin with. but i guess it's all perspective.

Ok. Like I said, I was not griping, but forget about single A. In AA, it was pretty obvious that Haywood, Liberty, Mitchell, and Bolivar were the best teams there. Why did they all play each other in the first round? I am not griping; it is just weird that three worst teams there were all in the same bracket. Excuse me thinking outside the box.

Ok. Like I said, I was not griping, but forget about single A. In AA, it was pretty obvious that Haywood, Liberty, Mitchell, and Bolivar were the best teams there. Why did they all play each other in the first round? I am not griping; it is just weird that three worst teams there were all in the same bracket. Excuse me thinking outside the box.

The same can be said on the girls side. All the power in girls basketball is in the middle part of the state and yet these teams seem to have to play eachother year in and year out before they get a shot at the weak teams out of the western part of the state. Its just how the brackets are drawn so quit complaining about it and realize this. You're only as good as your last game, end of discussion! :thumb:

i agree with bed2i...i do think that grace had a good game..prolly one of their BEST which is what you want to play there in the state tournament...i think humboldt might have underestimated yall just a little bit...i stopped and talked to some of the "mature" grace fans there at the end of the game and they said that they were surprised that grace had won...so seems like yall (eldridge) has never shot like that in the first half...but good game...i wouldn't be surprised to see humboldt and grace back at the boro next year...but i dont think uc will be back...i could see lake county replacing them and being there at the tournament...but high school basketball is over with so now it's time for college hoops! go memphis tigers!!!

The state tournaments is all about who shows up and plays for the week. I beleive that Humbolt was probably the best team, but that is only based on the fact they had already defeated UC three times this year. The bottom line is that Grace showed up to play and Humbolt didn't.

We had all just have to give U.C, credit..They are the State Champs..You can argue that Humboldt may have been the best team in the tournament because they beat U.C. three times..But had Humboldt won..If that would have happened,we would have a team that didn't beat Lake Co at all in three tries..And U.C. beat Lake Co 2 out of 3,with Lake Co winning when U.C. was without all the players..If you look at these teams and how they did against each other,you had just as well call it even and give U.C. credit for a great job!

We had all just have to give U.C, credit..They are the State Champs..You can argue that Humboldt may have been the best team in the tournament because they beat U.C. three times..But had Humboldt won..If that would have happened,we would have a team that didn't beat Lake Co at all in three tries..And U.C. beat Lake Co 2 out of 3,with Lake Co winning when U.C. was without all the players..If you look at these teams and how they did against each other,you had just as well call it even and give U.C. credit for a great job!

I agree completely. Hats off to Union City, but let's here it for District 14A by far the best district in the state.

that's the best thing said so far in this forum. 14a is the definately the best. maybe there is no best team. but we whoop on each other all year long so much we could all beat any team in this state.

I also agree. We are lucky here in Western Tennessee to see High School Basketball at it's best night after night. Not taking anything away from the eastern schools. 14 A was and still is a very balanced district and the teams were good for the most part. It is nice that the ( 3 ) Gold Ball came back to the Western end of the state . Union City, Jackson Tn $ Memphis all came home winners. This was the First State Championship Gold Ball in the History of Jackson Tennessee and think how many schools are around that city! Great Job to all teams from all parts of the state.