Classifications

I always thought that classifications were split up with concrete numbers, i.e.

000-399 = Single A

400-799 = Double A

800+ = Triple A

The multiplier forces alot of privates into AA, and knocks alot of public schools into A.

Here's my problem, how does a Cloudland pop. 219, Sale Creek pop. 89, Big Sandy pop. 136 compete with a Humboldt pop. 534, Union City pop. 442, Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences pop. 464, or Oliver Springs pop. 507.

They can't. All of the above mentioned schools are Single A Basketball.

Is anybody with me on this one?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

000-399 = Single A

400-799 = Double A

800+ = Triple A

The multiplier forces alot of privates into AA, and knocks alot of public schools into A.

Here's my problem, how does a Cloudland pop. 219, Sale Creek pop. 89, Big Sandy pop. 136 compete with a Humboldt pop. 534, Union City pop. 442, Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences pop. 464, or Oliver Springs pop. 507.

I don't think your numbers are correct for the classification, seem low to me. What happened is this -- small schools rejoyced when the multiplier went into affect because it moved most private schools up in classification. But what they did not consider, that if you move some schools out of Class A, others have to drop in classification. We saw that in this year's boys and girls tournament -- Union City and Humbolt were AA last year, Jackson County and Oliver Springs girls were AA last year and now A. If you were a Class A school would you have rather played CPA or DCA instead of Union City or Humboldt this year?

000-399 = Single A

400-799 = Double A

800+ = Triple A

If you can figure out a reasonable way to bring Division II back in, then you have enough schools to sustain four classes in basketball. (And the numbers change each classification period--currently 4 years--to put the same number of schools in each class.)

If you can figure out a reasonable way to bring Division II back in, then you have enough schools to sustain four classes in basketball. (And the numbers change each classification period--currently 4 years--to put the same number of schools in each class.)

If you brought DII back in, you would only be adding 23 schools... why don't you just go ahead and add another divison as it is?

If you had to bring DII back in though, I would just stick them in AAA

We do NOT need more classifications in basketball. People need to get over their belief that winning a "State Championship", no matter how watered down, is the only validation a team can get.

Please, let's not do to hoops what has alredy been doen to football.

000-399 = Single A

400-799 = Double A

800+ = Triple A

You`re right. We should let those schools use a multiplier of 1.8. Lets see now...that would now give Cloudland 394 students. That should help. ;)

000-399 = Single A

400-799 = Double A

800+ = Triple A

Three classes are enough for DI basketball...softball...and baseball.