Shelbyville's Season

finfan

I just want to congratulate all the Shelbyville players and coaches for making this a very enjoyable year of basketball. We fans were able to experience 2 of the most impressive games in the history of the program. Starting with the win over Brentwood Academy which may go down as one of the greatest games ever played at SCHS gym to the loss to Hamilton in 2 OT which is the most exciting game I have seen in a while. These players have been exceptional reprensentatives for our community.

Also to Stewart and Twilley on reaching the 1500 pt milestone in their SCHS career and sharing the MVP award for the district. This is a tremendous accomplishment and an example of the hard work they have put in to get to where they are.

This team has done something that no other boys team has ever done in the history of boys basketball in Shelbyville, they made it to the championship game. I am sure finishing 2nd was not the goal but no one can take anything away from the determination you all showed in last nights game. I was there and saw the emotion after the final shot just would not fall. You guys truthfully left everything on the court.

Once again thanks for all the memories we the fans will carry from this season and I wish all the seniors the best in whatever direction you take after high school. Good luck next season.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelbyville was the better TEAM and played better TEAM ball. This was just one of those times when the better TEAM didn't win. But they should be proud of the game they played.

dont get me wrong i am in no way against shelbyville, but there is no way they are a better TEAM. i know what your referring to, im not saying hamilton is a better team because they are 39-0, im saying that because they had more contributers and played in-sinc (sp) with each other most of the time. shelbyville was held up by stewart (thats why he is mr basketball) and twilley. look at the point spread for shelbyville and hamilton. shelbvilles game was more about 2 all star players and a few contributers, hamiltons was 1 all star and more contributers.

no way shelbyville is or was (season or that game) the better team. they were a extremely good team, but even that couldnt give them the victory (it REALLY came close)

Shelbyville was not a better team, BUT they are great it was my first time watching them play this year and I was very impredded with the dynamic duo someone please explain to me why they havent gotten offers from some major programs they both can play. I think Hamilton played stupid down the stretch and that's why it was close wand went to overtime, but that's what makes Shelbyville great they took adantage of the stupidity. Congrats on a great season I didnt think you could do it

A team of this magnitude does not just up and appear. It takes a lot of hard work by the players. With this said, KT and the coaching staff had to be dedicated to the program. Which if you know KT, and West, and the rest of the coaching staff, you understand that this was just a matter of time before they got this far.

The players learn from the coach and take after what they do. Adversity will stand in the way and make you go one way or the other. Which way you go depends on the type of leadership you have.

This goes to show that this program is just starting to take off. With a lot of up and coming talent in the program, I hope to see Shelbyvilles run for the title has just began.

Good luck to Barry, Dequan, Matt and Demario. Its been a season that no one around here will forget in a long long time. Thanks for all the wins and thanks for finally bringing home some hardware, even if it is silver. That still makes you guys the only class in the history of SCHS to achieve such an accomplishment. ;)

i hope barry left the court at MTSU unsatisfied and hungry for more, and will come to MTSU for college and be able to prove himself over and over again on the very same court, and have tons of game winning shots. i would LOVE to see him or just about any of the great talents displayed at the tournament come to MTSU, and the rumor is i believe that kermit davis offered the full ride to barry, and i hope he accepts it ;)