Oakland Football

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

I had a wreck on the way home from work and MISSED the LIFT-A THON......can someone PLEASEEEEEEE fill me in on it?

I hope you are alright. Now lets get to business. Oakland now has two new school records. Lavagus Jordan squatted 540 and Kaelin cleaned 290 (Last Friday so we wouldn't tear up the gym). Big Murph and Kaelin both tried 350 on bench but missed it. The pound for pound winner was Darryl Barney at somewhere above 29.5 weight/pound.

Freshmen: Amey- Power Clean 235

Barrett- Bench 305

Barrett- Squat 435

Sophmores: Jordan- Power Clean 280

Jordan- Bench 335

Jordan- Squat 540

We had several other maxes that I couldn't even count them all. There were several door prizes as well.

Thanks so much for clueing me in on what went down. This is the first Lift- a- thon that I have missed @ OHS. ;) You might know I would miss the records being set. I also wanted to win/buy some of those OHS hats, shirts, jackets, etc.

Question...........Burris wasn't the lb for lb winner?? I remember last yr it was really close b/t both of the Burris Brothers for it. Barney poured it on didn't he?

Squatting 540 is a feat that I would have loved to have seen esp for a kid who is really just a soph ( we all know they are already considered Jrs in football tho....hahaha) Vagus and Kaelin, I hope you got a standing O for your efforts! Had no clue that kaelin and Murph were close to getting so much on bench. This weight program is going to be the beginning of Glory times returning at Oakland.

I also wanted to see Moose's Harley.. ;);) and his weight loss.

Did anyone take any pics of the lifting that they could post or could email me? 2priceless4words@yahoo.com

Edited by 2priceless

VERY impressive numbers. Can anyone fill me in on who will be where.. with baseball and all I was mighty confused on what was going on vs. Beech. Will Burnett be named the QB and PJ surely will be found somewhere in the secondary/McGowan QB role or somewhere on D? Is his little brother (Michael) at FB? ... Any answers?

I Assume that Tyler Burnett is again the starting QB come fall..........PJ started in the secondary last yr and played some FB and TB b/f getting injured and missing the last few games of the season. Lil Mac was starting at LB in fall and playing a lot at FB until he was also injured in the WC game. He was injured during spring and didn't play against Beech. Big Mac was the other starting LB . Elrod was also injured in spring and is our starting center, who also plays on the D line. So that is 3 starters in baseball.......and two other starters injured in spring. I think it showed a bit on the O , but I really don't think that we were affected as much on D. All of these kids have experience. Elrod started on varsity as a freshman on the line, and Both Macs were starting as sophs. Pj also started as a soph, and Tyler was the punter as a soph. All 5 with invaluable experience.