Oakland Football

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont worry i hear that one is in the works for Riverdale however i am not so sure i am for this...that is a lot of money to try and justifyu the expense

Oakland attempted to build one back when I first came to the Boro when Alsup was at OHS. Then BAMMMMM, he left them high and dry in the middle of the fund-raising. Our boosters are following thru with a new design. This not only will improve the weightroom , which is wayyyy too small, but it will do wonders with the overall perception of the place. Remember we are the so-called poverty school. This si to also show parents and players that we are committted to returning OHS to the level it once was in HS sports.

I hear Blackman is attempting to build a new fieldhouse. Best of luck to them on this venture.

Edited by 2priceless

An indoor practice facilty complete with turf along with an expansion to the existing weightroom. Only other school that I can think of with one is Gallatin.

Marshall County, White House and Portland all have them as well. Everyone is Rutherford Co should be supportive because if OHS gets one, then so will everyone else. That's the way it works around here.

I think it's great. The admin and boosters at OHS need to to make a statement that they are comitted to the football program and this would definitely qualify. It sounds like it should be a great facility. Is there room for it?

RHS is raising funds for a field house so I wonder if this might cause them to 'enhance' their plans.

Hopefully. we won't end up with an arms race at the high school level like we have in the colleges today. Ever escalating coaches salaries and facilities improvements would put additional strain on our already tight school budgets.

I think it's great. The admin and boosters at OHS need to to make a statement that they are comitted to the football program and this would definitely qualify. It sounds like it should be a great facility. Is there room for it?

RHS is raising funds for a field house so I wonder if this might cause them to 'enhance' their plans.

Hopefully. we won't end up with an arms race at the high school level like we have in the colleges today. Ever escalating coaches salaries and facilities improvements would put additional strain on our already tight school budgets.

Looking at the renderings at the golf tournament on Saturday, it will go right beside the weight room on the practice field. I'm assuming they will extend the practice field someway.

Currently the "perception problem" at Oakland is a real problem. What some people fail to remember though is that a few years ago, Oakland was the "money school" Some of the big names in our community are Oakland High alumni. I'm sure they would like nothing better than to see OHS return to former glory. With the new administration coming in and an upgrade in facilities..........hopefully, this will happen.

Looking at the renderings at the golf tournament on Saturday, it will go right beside the weight room on the practice field. I'm assuming they will extend the practice field someway.

Currently the "perception problem" at Oakland is a real problem. What some people fail to remember though is that a few years ago, Oakland was the "money school" Some of the big names in our community are Oakland High alumni. I'm sure they would like nothing better than to see OHS return to former glory. With the new administration coming in and an upgrade in facilities..........hopefully, this will happen.

We were told today that A lot of Lift-a-Thon money will be going to get a full width 35 yard practice facility. So when we start asking, help us out. Our weight room will also be expanded and upgraded. Plans are to build next Winter and done by spring of 2007.

We were told today that A lot of Lift-a-Thon money will be going to get a full width 35 yard practice facility. So when we start asking, help us out. Our weight room will also be expanded and upgraded. Plans are to build next Winter and done by spring of 2007.

Yes, if any of you know any OHS alum , esp successful ones, make them aware of this! They need MONEY and this is a great cause!