Paul Tagliabue

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two front runners for the commissioners job are two people you wouldn't think of as league commissioners but they are Former President Clinton and Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice. Rice loves the game and has said this is her dream job and the President has said he would love to do it as well!

Two front runners for the commissioners job are two people you wouldn't think of as league commissioners but they are Former President Clinton and Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice. Rice loves the game and has said this is her dream job and the President has said he would love to do it as well!

Clinton NO, Rice maybe. She knows the game i think. I saw her before the Rose Bowl being interviewed. She knew what she was talking about...hmm but i dont know. I think that we need someone who has been around the NFL for a litte while though..

<_<:lol:

Your Crazy!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Clinton NO, Rice maybe. She knows the game i think. I saw her before the Rose Bowl being interviewed. She knew what she was talking about...hmm but i dont know. I think that we need someone who has been around the NFL for a litte while though..

please NOBODY from bush's administration...they dont even have the best interest of the American people in mind so why would they have it for NFL players? not trying to be controversial, get off task or cause a debate here but i honestly believe she would spend her time looking to up her paycheck instead of taking care of matters around the league. honestly i'd rather see a honest coachTer as commisioner than he.

honestly i'd just rather tagliabue stick around, but he's gotta retire sometime

Edited by tdntn

Whoever is hired will have to oversee the next wave of expansion:

Cities wanting teams include:

L.A. (2nd Largest City in the United States)

San Antonio (8th Largest City in the United States)

Birmingham

Los Vegas

i'd like to see teams in all those places and maybe even memphis, but i was told the fan support was awful the one year the "oilers" spent there.

i'd like to see teams in all those places and maybe even memphis, but i was told the fan support was awful the one year the "oilers" spent there.

Memphis will not get a team! The TV market would overlap Nashville and it just wouldn't work. They could get some support from the people of Arkansas but most of those are either Cowboy fans or the pull for the Rams in St. Louis or Kansas City!

The only other really large city without a NFL team is San Jose but they are so close to both San Francisco and Oakland (right up the road) they won't get one.

Dallas is moving their team to Arlington so they will continue to draw fans from Ft. Worth-Arlington-Irving-Dallas-Garland-Plano.

Los Angles will get the next franchise but it will be up to the next Commissioner and the owners to make the final decisions about the next level of expansion. I think two new teams will be brought in and the struggle will be between San Antonio, Las Vegas, Birmingham, and Portland.

Look for Birmingham and San Antonio to be the front runners.

Memphis will not get a team! The TV market would overlap Nashville and it just wouldn't work. They could get some support from the people of Arkansas but most of those are either Cowboy fans or the pull for the Rams in St. Louis or Kansas City!

The only other really large city without a NFL team is San Jose but they are so close to both San Francisco and Oakland (right up the road) they won't get one.

Dallas is moving their team to Arlington so they will continue to draw fans from Ft. Worth-Arlington-Irving-Dallas-Garland-Plano.

Los Angles will get the next franchise but it will be up to the next Commissioner and the owners to make the final decisions about the next level of expansion. I think two new teams will be brought in and the struggle will be between San Antonio, Las Vegas, Birmingham, and Portland.

Look for Birmingham and San Antonio to be the front runners.

I honestly don't think the league should expand. 32 is the perfect number. Yes, LA needs a team, but it should come through relocation.

I honestly don't think the league should expand. 32 is the perfect number. Yes, LA needs a team, but it should come through relocation.

I think they will expand by one team in the next five years (Los Angles) and three more within twelve years.

Las Vegas is the fastest growing city in America and they have the capital to build a great facility, second to none!

Birmingham already has the facilities that could be expanded and they have had pro football teams in the past.

San Antonio already has a GREAT football facility and they have had pro football teams in the past.

Portland is in a position to put together a solid package to bring in a franchise.

I don't see Arizona or San Diego losing their franchise to L.A. and no other program is interested in moving to L.A.

your right, they really would need 8 more teams to have things as balanced as they are right now. as it stands, AFC and NFC both have 4 divisions with 4 teams a piece...the texans balanced it out, and the whole playoff system is easier to understand now. but yea i'd like to see some new teams, as long as they have cool mascots, mascots make all the difference B)

not trying to see some birmingham billy goats :thumb: