Maryville or Riverdale

mikey65

step up to 5a and get run through

Definately :lol:

What I'm saying is most of those silver balls would be gold at the 4A level. Along with that, they would have more State Championship apperances also.

Maryville breaking that top 25 at the end of the year got ya feeling invinsible huh?

Honestly, Riverdale 7 or 8 outta 10. 2004, Riverdale 10 outta 10 :thumb:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately :lol:

What I'm saying is most of those silver balls would be gold at the 4A level. Along with that, they would have more State Championship apperances also.

Maryville breaking that top 25 at the end of the year got ya feeling invinsible huh?

Honestly, Riverdale 7 or 8 outta 10. 2004, Riverdale 10 outta 10 :thumb:

Not feeling invinsible at all, it could all come crashing down at any time but I like our chances in 4-A as long as we have George and his staff walking the sidelines.

Riverdale is a great 5-A school and your team is almost always bigger that Maryville. I have seen you play and I know you are good but if Maryville ever moves up to 5A(and we will soon), we sure won't be afraid to play you. We might not win but you will know you were in a battle the next morning!

As for now, this discussion is just for fun. You take 5-A and we will try to win 4-A.

^Yes, it is all fun and games, 'til someone gets HURT, and I feel like Maryville would be that team in a battle of the two. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish injury on anyone, but I just think Maryville might get their feeling hurt.

All jokes aside, Maryville does have a great program, but until they can get to 5A and prove themselves, I'll stick with Riverdale in this debate :thumb:

^Yes, it is all fun and games, 'til someone gets HURT, and I feel like Maryville would be that team in a battle of the two. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish injury on anyone, but I just think Maryville might get their feeling hurt.

All jokes aside, Maryville does have a great program, but until they can get to 5A and prove themselves, I'll stick with Riverdale in this debate :thumb:

We don't have any feelings, feelings are for liberals who would like for High School teams to turn off the score board and let everybody play.

Warrior, there are just as many 4-A teams that hate Maryville as there are 5-A teams that hate Riverdale. We should both enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!! Good luck in 06 and we hope we get a chance to stay after the 4-a game and watch you play.

Rebel9

We don't have any feelings, feelings are for liberals who would like for High School teams to turn off the score board and let everybody play.

Warrior, there are just as many 4-A teams that hate Maryville as there are 5-A teams that hate Riverdale. We should both enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!! Good luck in 06 and we hope we get a chance to stay after the 4-a game and watch you play.

Rebel9

Sounds like a plan :thumb:

step up to 5a and get run through

HA HA. <_< Every one knows that region 3 4a is one of the hardest regions in the tssaa.

First off all Melrose would have dominated you in the state game, and you guys lost to oakridge, you dont have any room to talk.

Such jelously is so degrading for Riverdale, Silver looks good on you guys though. :thumb:

Hope you enjoyed your seoson. I sure enjoyed mine.

HA HA. :thumb: Every one knows that region 3 4a is one of the hardest regions in the tssaa.

First off all Melrose would have dominated you in the state game, and you guys lost to oakridge, you dont have any room to talk.

Such jelously is so degrading for Riverdale, Silver looks good on you guys though. :thumb:

Hope you enjoyed your seoson. I sure enjoyed mine.

Are you being serious??????

Are you being serious??????

hope not. oak ridge is better than maryville. possibly a comparible 5A team to maryville would have been wilson central this past year...thats not meant to be degrading at all, WC had a really good team this past year but maryvilles results would have been similar to WC as 5A is alot tougher

You put WAY too much importance on the difference between 4A and 5A. We scrimmaged Oak Ridge and handled them pretty easily, and I know before you say it IT WAS JUST A SCRIMMAGE. But my point is if 5A is that much tougher than 4A looks like Oak Ridge would have run all over us even in a scrimmage. The Pearl Cohn teams from the late 90's, the Hillsboro Teams we played in 01 and 02, and these past two Memphis Melrose teams we played could go toe to toe with you guys TRUST ME. You 5A guys always thump your chest like the difference between 5a and 4a is the same as Division I and II in college and there simply is not that much difference. It would be a great game any year it would be played and in ten games i would say about a wash. You guys winning 8 of 10? That's easy to say knowing you are probably never going to have to back it up. I would venture to say there have been years when the 3a champ could have stayed with the 5a champ, it isn't impossible. Maryville is always called chicken because we are not in big bad 5a and there simply is not that much of a difference.

Having seen both teams play, I would have to go with Maryville. I think they are much better coached. I am not affiliated with either team - this is just my opinion. I saw Riverdale play Oak Ridge last year in the playoffs and I thought they were poorly coached. Their idea of a passing game was throwing the bubble screen to a covered slot receiver and sprinting out and throwing an out. They took their time and huddled offensively, slowly walking to the line of scrimmage when they were down late in the game. I also saw them in the state championship a couple of years ago and they did the same thing. They were huddling and walking to the line of scrimmage when they needed to go 80 yards for a TD late in the game to win! They didn't have the ability to run a hurry up offense. It seemed to me that they were just calling plays with no reason behind it. Maryville, on the other hand, is very well coached. They have a game plan designed to attack the defense in different areas. They handle every situation that they seem to find themselves in. They can go no huddle and do all of the little things that give them an edge. Riverdale has unbelievable talent. Maryville has good talent and good coaching.