Maryville or Riverdale

mikey65

The records of Maryville's opponents was 110-67. Riverdale's was 79-70 plus the record of the Ohio team which I am unsure of. They did look like they had a real good team, I just could not get their record from last year to come up.

The only common opponent last year was Oak Ridge. Maryville easily defeated OR in a scrimmage of 1st versus 1st 28-0. Of course Oak Ridege defeated Riverdale in the semis. Not much of a comparison since we are talking about pre-season versus play-offs but really all you can reasonably compare.

Watched the 5-A championship game and IMO Maryville was better than OR and Ravenwood by alot. Both would have struggled to score against Maryville's defense...again JMO

Edited by MLREB

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams are good. Probably 5-5 would be my guess.

Someone mentioned about Maryville getting a transfer in from Florida. Since little interest has been shown, I'll bite. Who is this player, how big is he, what does he play, what school did he come from?

His name is will wizarowski hes from royal palm beach high school. Hes about 6 or 6'1 215 or so. He plays center and defensive tackle.

rebelman70,

Thanks for the input on the new player. How in the world did this young man move to Maryville and not to Halls? Sounds like a typical Maryville lineman. What grade is he in?

Sometimes the rich just keep gettin' richer, don't they?

He will be a junior when the football season starts. He spent the entire spring practice at D-Tackle and had a good spring. Maryville is two deep at center and needs defensive linemen. He is going to fit in there just fine.

Halls may have it but his moving van stopped in Blount County.

The only common opponent last year was Oak Ridge. Maryville easily defeated OR in a scrimmage of 1st versus 1st 28-0. Of course Oak Ridege defeated Riverdale in the semis. Not much of a comparison since we are talking about pre-season versus play-offs but really all you can reasonably compare.

Watched the 5-A championship game and IMO Maryville was better than OR and Ravenwood by alot. Both would have struggled to score against Maryville's defense...again JMO

Yea plus Oak Ridge with the coaching changes they probably were not in sink with the offense or defense. I think i read a while back that Spencer G. didnt play in that scrimmage. It could have been a different 1 though.

Edited by theosu_2

Yea plus Oak Ridge with the coaching changes they probably were not in sink with the offense or defense. I think i read a while back that Spencer G. didnt play in that scrimmage. It could have been a different 1 though.

Yeah.....I read all those excuses too. Spencer did play and both teams had practiced the same amount. Maryville dominated on the defensive side much like they did all year.

WHO is going to replace Gaston Miller(a Vanderbilt signee)? It's definitely going to be hard because he put up all kinds of numbers last year for Riverdale. I think Riverdale will go far into the playoffs this year becuase it seems like every year they reload with all kinds of talent.

Edited by War Eagles

The records of Maryville's opponents was 110-67. Riverdale's was 79-70 plus the record of the Ohio team which I am unsure of. They did look like they had a real good team, I just could not get their record from last year to come up.

even still that comparison means nothing the teams Maryville played were 4a alot easier than Riverdales opponents and most of Rdales opponents would beat Maryville

WHO is going to replace Gaston Miller(a Vanderbilt signee)? It's definitely going to be hard because he put up all kinds of numbers last year for Riverdale. I think Riverdale will go far into the playoffs this year becuase it seems like every year they reload with all kinds of talent.

Word says it will be Jeremy McClain? I've never seen him, but I heard he was decent...Neither way, it is way too hard to get back to the level Miller took it...teams will not be as intimadated as they was of Gaston..

even still that comparison means nothing the teams Maryville played were 4a alot easier than Riverdales opponents and most of Rdales opponents would beat Maryville

Good lord what a stupid post. Son....can you read and comprehend? Most of Riverdales opponents would have beat Maryville? Did you read where Maryville dominated Oak Ridge in a preseason scrimmage? Also, did you see Oak Ridge beat Riverdale in the play-offs? Yet you state that most of Riverdales' opponents would have beat Maryville? Sheeeeesh....try a little education...it is a good thing.

I doubt that but we will see in 2009.

If we faced off in a game Gq and company would out smart the coaches of Riverdale. Not only that I dont belive Riverdale plays as a unit of eleven that maryville does. Yeah they have played Better compation, but so did Melrose. Riverdale might have the beter one on one but Maryville has the better 11 on 11.

Team work, discipline and coaching is why Maryville would beat Riverdale in a showdown.

Edited by rebelman16