SMYRNA VS LAVERGNE

Robbins talked to OHS about a job several months ago. We just didn't have a teaching slot or the cash for the hire. He is a very respected coach and I am sure that Smyrna will benefit from his knowledge. We do have the MTSU New Oline coach's son on the OHS football team tho.

the knowledge coach robbins has for the game is REMARKABLE,he is bringing so much to the passing game, i am excited about him, the dc is GREAT, he is like the young coach all the players can relate to, he is always pumped,i am just glad our coaches are being spot lighted for theirgreat jobs in the off-season, we knew after the riverdale loss in the 2nd round that this team is gonna be special,

GREAT JOB COACHES!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i know is sonny gray is going to be a freakin' force now that he has alex robins as his quarterback coach. i have worked beside the man for the last three years at mtsu, and he is the most knowledgeable and hard-working man i have ever known. i just hope sonny isn't much of a smart aleck or anything, or he will soon learn what a "10 and turn" drill is. very fast.

with coach robins as his mentor, sonny gray could no doubt be the best qb in the state and one of the more dominant qb's in the south. no joke. listen, in sports illustrated a few years ago they interviewed the head coach at southlake carrol high school in texas, who was then the number one team in the country. when he was asked who his all-time mentor was, the person he looked to the most for football guidance, his answer was alex robins of middle tennessee state university. 'nuff said. robins is a catch. one of the best coaches in the nation--high school, college, and pros.

he is a bit sarcastic though, as i'm sure sonny will soon find out. i wish coach robins the best; he is a great coach and an awesome guy.

While I think the LaVergne game will be big this year I dont think it will be bigger than Smyrna vs Riverdale. When I played at Smyrna we truthfully didn't concern ourselves with Lavergne and we won pretty big every year. Now the coach A is at Riverdale I think it will be even bigger seeing as how him and Shad were big Rivals when Smyrna and Hillsboro both played in the same region. I'm sure Shad is still looking to get back at him for that loss in the 2001 playoffs.

While I think the LaVergne game will be big this year I dont think it will be bigger than Smyrna vs Riverdale. When I played at Smyrna we truthfully didn't concern ourselves with Lavergne and we won pretty big every year. Now the coach A is at Riverdale I think it will be even bigger seeing as how him and Shad were big Rivals when Smyrna and Hillsboro both played in the same region. I'm sure Shad is still looking to get back at him for that loss in the 2001 playoffs.

I agree alot of ppl talking about the smyrna vs. lavergne game will decide the region champs but yall keep thinking that :lol:

and they were roommates at mtsu :thumb:

Edited by underDawgs17

I love after everytime your saying something about your almighty 2006 Riverdale team you use... :thumb: ....

I juss thought that was funny, :thumb: ....... :lol: ...... :D

hasnt it been more than SEVERAL years since lavergne beat a team with a winning record? until then, i will give you zero credibility.

used to actually have a little respect for your opinion till you started talkin that big boy. funny thing is we dont have to say much cause you are making yourself look like a fool :lol:

Edited by tdntn

hasnt it been more than SEVERAL years since lavergne beat a team with a winning record? until then, i will give you zero credibility.

used to actually have a little respect for your opinion till you started talkin that big boy. funny thing is we dont have to say much cause you are making yourself look like a fool :thumb:

ha ha ha :thumb: agreed

used to actually have a little respect for your opinion till you started talkin that big boy. funny thing is we dont have to say much cause you are making yourself look like a fool :thumb:

If you don't have to say much then don't! lol....Obviously you and the other dude are the only ones complaining about what I say, lol yall funny man.....i culd say "Riverdale will go 0-10" and you and scn08 will type 30 posts about it, leaving behind 1,000 :thumb: 's.....

do you and scn08 have somethin goin on? Its not like i care or anything, i juss wanna know...lol

Edited by HSsportsfootball

its one thing to talk, its another to back it up...riverdale does a good job of backing the talk, agreed? ya know quick example, if your 2008 class is so much better than ours, why havent we seen so on the field? 0-2 so far (guess you could even say 0-3). i dont think lavergnes 08 class will see a win over riverdale, and they sure havent seen one yet.

not trying to bring up "old" stuff (from like 2 days ago), but good example of what im talking about. point proven