alcoa head coach

Titans21

I don't think John Olive would be a very good hire for Alcoa. I was at Maryville when he coached there and we were mediocre by MHS's standards. Don't get me wrong, John is a great guy and they would probably still be a perinnial state playoff team but I just don't see him winning the big one.

John would be a great hire. I would want my son playing for him! John has coached at Carson-Newman (under Ken Sparks), Loudon High School, Samford University, Maryville High School & Tullahoma High School.

A CLASS individual and very GOOD football coach!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think John Olive was a pretty good coach. He didn't have the best assistant coaches.

As great as George Quarles is. He has great assistants coaching with him.

I do remember John Olive telling my older brother this. He left Maryville because he thought he had a better chance of winning a state title at Tullahoma. He told him this at the 1995 state championship games.

I know this is off topic, but question...will Maryville and Alcoa continue their dominance this year or did they lose alot of talent??? J/W...I enjoy watching them do well and win championships and I was hoping I would get to see more of it this year <_<

Maryville, IMO, will probably be better than last year. I think they'll take the title pretty easily. Alcoa, won't be QUITE as good, but the dropoff won't be very significant at all, I think they'll take the 2A crown once again. 10 gold balls in six years inside the same county? That's unheard of!!