Underrated Players In 4-5A

Bacillum

Every team has those players that play the same, game in and game out? I want to know, who they are. They often go unnoticed, (such as linemen, fullbacks, etc.) or play well every game. They are unmoving in their devotion to their team, coaches, and teammates. Just trying to let those players know that they are not forgotten.

Every team has those players that play the same, game in and game out? I want to know, who they are. They often go unnoticed, (such as linemen, fullbacks, etc.) or play well every game. They are unmoving in their devotion to their team, coaches, and teammates. Just trying to let those players know that they are not forgotten.

siegel's jordan cassadine makes PLAYS but you don't hear his name a lot. he plays real hard and his hustle probably won siegel a ball game or two last season.

Check out a young man from Warren County, Todd Dunn. He's an upcoming senior, defensive line. 6' 2" 275lb. He's got a future if he stays healthy and continues to work hard.

from smyrna----cody sutherland ol plays good every year but was injured last year

quinton allen----big guy who can run, and play started every game as a sophmor....de

josh day---has got to be the best in the weight room over the off-season, the guy has blew up!!!!sophmore lb

jeremy king--sophmore who had 6 sacks in 3 games de

our whole line>>>>montgomery,wilcox,sutherland,big James d-1 prospect letters heck he is 6'7,keith martin,tyler eady,

i think that is it but all these players are known for their position on the team and their contributations

We have a LOT of these kind of players at Oakland...kids who are TEAM players. They don't care about any accolades or fanfare....they just want to win and be a part of it. Kids that are truly coachable with a great attitude.......shame they go unnoticed sometimes. But anyone who has played the game or has been around it a long time knows that these kids are CRUCIAL to a team's success and they can't function without them.

I will have to think about this while to make sure I don't miss anyone....but the name that comes immediately to mind for me at Oakland is big ADAM ELROD. Not only has he been on varsity since he was a freshman, but he is an Honor student, benches over 300 lbs, and played both ways last yr. Big shoes for a soph and he filled them well. It was instantly noticeable when we played Beech how much he means to this team.....b/c he was injured and didn't play. Def and TOTALLY missed.

I salute this kid who has a passion for the game and loyalty to OHS!

At R'dale on the O-line Tim Grove will be the anchor that will make plays. This will be his second straight year to start on the line. Good pulling guard and is alot stronger than he looks.

On D, Eugene Goree will be a power to behold. Young man is strong, quick and more importantly a SMART football player.

Goree could be a stud.

LaVergne has a couple of underrated players...

On offense-

Our whole O-Line...atleast 4 of them will go d1 and not one made all-region, Jack Adams, Sherman Carter, and Corey Davis recently visited with Vandy earlier this week...

Randall Tillery- probably the fastest player in the region...averaged 6.4 yards a carry as a sophomore..will be the starter and will be a HUGE part of the offense...

Chris Gray- was real supportive to Hicks...not too many big games but had his best games against their hardest opponents ( Smyrna, Riverdale, Cookeville) will be the go-to-guy...should see good things in 06

On defense-

Anthony Williams- strongest LB, fast, guaranteed to be GREAT in 2006

Brandon Powers- VERY VERY VERY underrated....led the team in tackles and didn't make all-region...

Steven Whetstone- 5th in tackles on the team...leads D at MLB...