Best 15u`s

You are correct about those 4 being 14 years old. Another one is Graves who is also just 14.

These are the 14u that are playing up:

Kayla Christopher - 5'8 - Oliver Springs High School

Hannah Dawson - 5'11 - Shelbyville Central High School

Janie Graves - 5'7 - Shelbyville Central High School

Kelsey Hall - 5'4 - Oliver Springs High School

Jazmine Hazzard - 5'10 - Oak Ridge High School

Kortni Jones - 5'7 - Oak Ridge High School

Ceny Phelphs - 5'8 - Shelbyville Central High School

Raegan Thompson - 5'10 - Oak Ridge High School

Nicole Dixon - 6'1 - Greeneville High School

Graves and Hazzard are 8th graders with the rest of the team being freshman and sophomores. I believe with the exception of 2 of the other girls (they have early birthdates i believe) they could still play 14u

Courtney Dyer - 5'8 - Jackson County High School

Haley Ervin - 5'10 - Bradley Central High School

Dee Dee Harrison - 6'4 - Hillsboro High School

Ashley Rainey - 6'2 - Warren East High School, KY

Malik Stevenson - 6'2 - Lexington Catholic High School, KY

Edited by Sidetrain

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great points as usual Ptguard12. Crzybballmama15, no need to worry about the Elite 14u teams. They'll be just fine. Lots of talent at this age group

I will second Eliteball's comment that there is no need to worry about the 14U teams from West TN. This age group has always been particularly strong throughout the state (with the West being no exception). The Lady Elite have 2 very capable teams of threatning at state. From the information I heard, Miles team was supposed to be a vvvvveeeeerrrryyyy slight bit weaker than James group, but Miles beat them at their local tournament. Of course a few of the post players on James were injured and unable to play in that game.

I suspect that both teams will do well in sub-state and as for some kids playing up that was mentioned earlier. Everybody develops in their own time and if a child puts in the time and develops quicker then that child should play up and continue to challenge themselves. If other children see that then it will push them to work harder and attempt to catch the children setting the example. Besides with some kids playing up, other kids get an opportunity to show what they can do and not ride the pine with a Phenom always being on the court in front of them.

Substates are around the corner....with states coming soon. I wish the very best to all the teams in TN. Ultimately, no matter who wins in TN, we all pull for the TN team(s) at Nationals. That team(s) is representing our state!

Have a great day! :thumb:

I will second Eliteball's comment that there is no need to worry about the 14U teams from West TN. This age group has always been particularly strong throughout the state (with the West being no exception). The Lady Elite have 2 very capable teams of threatning at state. From the information I heard, Miles team was supposed to be a vvvvveeeeerrrryyyy slight bit weaker than James group, but Miles beat them at their local tournament. Of course a few of the post players on James were injured and unable to play in that game.

I suspect that both teams will do well in sub-state and as for some kids playing up that was mentioned earlier. Everybody develops in their own time and if a child puts in the time and develops quicker then that child should play up and continue to challenge themselves. If other children see that then it will push them to work harder and attempt to catch the children setting the example. Besides with some kids playing up, other kids get an opportunity to show what they can do and not ride the pine with a Phenom always being on the court in front of them.

Substates are around the corner....with states coming soon. I wish the very best to all the teams in TN. Ultimately, no matter who wins in TN, we all pull for the TN team(s) at Nationals. That team(s) is representing our state!

Have a great day! :thumb:

In regards to your comments concerning girls moving up. In my opinion, girls moving up from 14u to 15u has very little to do with having superior development. There is very little difference in ability and competition between 14/15 year olds in 14u and 15/16 year olds in 15u - unlike 10u versus 11u, for instance. It seems to me, the main reason 14u's move up to 15u is to take advantage of college scouts who are more likely to attend 15u events including the 15u Nationals. While I realize a few scouts would be interested in 14u, a player will much more likely catch someone's eye at 15u. Once you get their attention, a 14u gets a head start on building a presence in the minds of a college coaching staff. Really, what happens is that the population of good 14u's moves up and replaces the iffy 15u's.

I do agree that kids moving up can create opportunities for girls who would normally be looked at as "bench warmers." The 14u Memphis Elite (Miles) team is a perfect example of how players who are seen as "bench warmers" by some are often just future stars waiting their turn. The core of that team came from the bench of the Memphis Waves team that won three state championships in a row - 10u (Waves), 11u (Waves), and 12u (same team, but called the Elite). When the starters left to go to other teams, those "bench warmers" became starters and stars in their own right. Of course, it was helpful that they had a coach who cared about player development and saw player development going hand in hand with winning (and, yes,as mentioned on the "14u contenders" thread, that team led Team Pride for almost the entire game at state last year before losing in the last minute or so).

The season has already gotten off to a good start. Go Elite! Go Tennessee AAU!

Edited by philtenn

In regards to your comments concerning girls moving up. In my opinion, girls moving up from 14u to 15u has very little to do with having superior development. There is very little difference in ability and competition between 14/15 year olds in 14u and 15/16 year olds in 15u - unlike 10u versus 11u, for instance. It seems to me, the main reason 14u's move up to 15u is to take advantage of college scouts who are more likely to attend 15u events including the 15u Nationals. While I realize a few scouts would be interested in 14u, a player will much more likely catch someone's eye at 15u. Once you get their attention, a 14u gets a head start on building a presence in the minds of a college coaching staff. Really, what happens is that the population of good 14u's moves up and replaces the iffy 15u's.

I do agree that kids moving up can create opportunities for girls who would normally be looked at as "bench warmers." The 14u Memphis Elite (Miles) team is a perfect example of how players who are seen as "bench warmers" by some are often just future stars waiting their turn. The core of that team came from the bench of the Memphis Waves team that won three state championships in a row - 10u (Waves), 11u (Waves), and 12u (same team, but called the Elite). When the starters left to go to other teams, those "bench warmers" became starters and stars in their own right. Of course, it was helpful that they had a coach who cared about player development and saw player development going hand in hand with winning (and, yes,as mentioned on the "14u contenders" thread, that team led Team Pride for almost the entire game at state last year before losing in the last minute or so).

Good luck to all, and all a good season!!!!!!!!!

Spoken like a true and compassionate dad! I assume one of those young ladies was your daughter. My hat is off to this team. From what I hear, they are doing very well. I love basketball, especially when its played by classy people and Miles is a classy man who teaches people to play with heart and show respect. I wish your team nothing but the very best throughout the AAU circuit.

I still have to disagree with you on the playing up issue. I know of several situations from my point of view and I am sure that you do from your point of view. Just remember - "One shoe doesn't fit properly on both feet."

Have a great day! ^_^

One team that is going to be tough is the McMinn Fire 15u team. This is the team's first year playing AAU, but the team has been playing together for about 6 years in different tourns. Alot of the parents didn't want to spend the money for AAU cert. at an age when no one was going to be looking at them. In that time they have beaten about every team that they have come up against and even played up a couple of years to get tougher competition. All but two of these girls are freshmen that made up McMinn Central's Varsity that made it to the elite eight in state AA. Two to three of them starting on varsity and the rest getting lots of time off the bench. Having not played AAU before I can't say that they will win, but I will say that there had best be a very tough team out there somewhere if they are going to be stopped.

One team that is going to be tough is the McMinn Fire 15u team. This is the team's first year playing AAU, but the team has been playing together for about 6 years in different tourns. Alot of the parents didn't want to spend the money for AAU cert. at an age when no one was going to be looking at them. In that time they have beaten about every team that they have come up against and even played up a couple of years to get tougher competition. All but two of these girls are freshmen that made up McMinn Central's Varsity that made it to the elite eight in state AA. Two to three of them starting on varsity and the rest getting lots of time off the bench. Having not played AAU before I can't say that they will win, but I will say that there had best be a very tough team out there somewhere if they are going to be stopped.

Looking at the brackets, the McMinn Fire are playing Division II.

I believe that the Fire did play AAU before and may even have been in some substates but I think you had a player or 2 that were older than the age group they played in. If thats not correct please correct me!

From what I have heard, the 15U Team Pride girls from Hooptown are going to win the state and rank high in Nationals. They are awesome this year with NO weaknesses! :thumb:

The 15U Tn.Team Pride played in the Peach State Tip-Off Classic this weekend in Atlanta Ga. were there were 5 different flights. They played against 16 and 17 yr. olds in the black flight which was second best flight among the teams. There were about 150 divison 1 colleges there to see the teams play. The 15U won the black flight, which was second highest divison. They beat the Ala. Elite 66-56, and clearing the bench. They beat Lady Phoenix 70-52, clearing the bench. In semi-finals they beat The United Celtics from NC 62-61 in a dog fight, with Pride only hitting 13 of 38 foul shots and STILL winning. In the finals today the Championship game, they beat The S.Carolina Crush shutting them down defensively 55-32 to win the championship in the black divison. They were very impressive against girls one and two yrs. older than them with many of them already committing to colleges. It should be a very good Sub-State next weekend in Cheatum Co. With the Flight, Memphis

Elite and Tn Team Pride having to play each other before the weekend is over. For those who saw the Super-Reg. 3wks ago, in which the Pride won. This is a much different Team that is hitting about 80 % of all cylinders compared to about 50% 3 wks ago.

If the TN Team Pride 15U was in Georgia this weekend, who was the TN Team Pride 15U that played in the Adidas Deep South Classic in Raleigh this weekend? Was that the 14U Team Pride just listing themselves as 15U since there was no 14U division? I think they did pretty well, coming in 11th or 12th place, among a field that included both 14U and 15U teams.

But that north middle substate 15U sure does sound like a barn burner. Good luck to all teams--hope everyone plays their best.

Edited by crzybbmama15

I had the chance to watch Flight 15 under this past weekend. I am unsure what other teams have but this team looked very good. They scored 110 points in a game Saturday night and 92 in there game Saturday morning. I talk with two of the parents and it seems that two 6'2 post players out of Kentucky were not with the team this past weekend due to playing in the Kentucky State Tournament. I was also told that all the kids are 14 under besides two of them.

onemangang=FLIGHT