An Oldie But Goodie: Stupid Announcer Tricks in McMinnville

DelTavian

DEL, if you think that announcer is stupid, you should see what a sports editor wrote in our county paper. BOY YOU TALK ABOUT SOMEONE STUPID!!! This editor did not even get all the facts before he started writing, but this is just his style!!!

<_< And to think it took you 7yrs to figure out who I was!!!! :o TKS to co-workers and one broadcaster for the insight to coacht, this was my very first post!!! :P TKS Del for all the coverage you give to the young men and women in our county (Grundy), but also the surrounding counties as well. Hope I didn't get the BP up. Gee's this thing has been around since 2002, you have to get legend status for this thread, heck it what made you famous!!!

Again THANKS for all you do for the young men and women!!!!!! I know you don't get told that enough!!!! :flower:

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Someone please tell me where Boyd Christian School found the two loons in the back of that pickup with the PA equipment?

They did not shut up the entire game. The umps were totally out of line for not calming them down.

They talked while we were trying to pitch. They talked while we were trying to hit. And they were the most redundant announcers I've ever heard.

They tried to do a radio type broadcast over PA.

You don't do radio announcing for PA. You don't call the count and outs and score between every pitch. And the folks at Boyd can say they're just having fun all they want but it's just out of line. Our coaches couldn't call plays many times for their constant jabber.

Those guys need to get on the radio and off the PA. Then I can tune them out.

But rest assured, we'll be glad to return the favor next year.

2003 at Grundy while the Boyd pitcher is trying to hear herself think, you'll hear from the PA.....

"Now at the plate Susie Smith. On deck is Becky Jones. In the hole is April Meeks. Gone to the bathroom Mandy Stevens and Carrie Nunley is picking her nose in the corner of the dugout. There's one out, two balls, one strike and three bulbs out on the scoreboard. There's a wasp buzzing my head here in the pressbox. And for the love of God don't forget the concession stand. They've got Goobers, Moon Pies, Beef Jerky and Jolt Cola. We also have the phone numbers of several dentists posted in case you lose a filling on the goobers or rot a tooth with the Jolt Cola....Oh wait a minute, we've had a pitch...and I think she swung so the count is now two and two, there's one out and nobody's fixed those bulbs in the scoreboard. It's the bottom of the second, the score is now 3-2 but I'm not sure who's in the lead because I can't shut up. Come on Grundy we need those outs so we can have a win here on this lovely day...oh wait we're batting. Get a hit. We need some runs. Hey I think I'll play some music. What about it girls? Can we dance and shake it a little in the dugouts in between innings? I'm old and don't get excited over much any more but that will help me some. What song is it you wanna hear? (Crowd chants - Freebird! Freebird!) I heard it then. (Freebird begins to play.) Hey, you can't dance to that....wait....Have we had another pitch? Yeah we did. The count is now full. There's one out and is it still 3-2? Yup that's what I think the scoreboard says so that must be it. But I'm not sure because nobody fixed those bulbs in between pitches. Whew! My throat is getting dry. Can somebody get me a beer? Oh, wait. Did I say that out loud? Sorry moms, dads and all church going folks. With all this talking I just kinda got lost. Hey there's been another pitch and it looks like the girl struck out. Which one was she again? Hey have you been to the concession stand between pitches yet? I've just been informed they've got live bait you can take with when you go and head strait to the pond. That's where my boy and I'll be going as soon as we get done with this ballgame that's in the bottom of the second, with two away and the score is 3-2. Becky Jones is now up, April Meeks is on deck and someone please tell Carrie Nunley to wipe her hands cause she's in the hole and we don't want any of those boogers on the bat. Hey, there comes Mandy Stevens out of the bathroom. Mandy honey will you bring Carrie something to wipe her hands with? She's been digging in that big honker of hers again and we don't want none of that on the bats. Oh and you did remember to wash your hands right? Hey there goes another pitch and it was a ball.....yada, yada, yada, babble, babble, babble, on and on to infinity and beyond!!!"

Del (who's a little frustrated with those guys if you couldn't tell.)

[Additional note- No players names were used in the above post. All names above were thrown together. There is no intent to say any real player actually picks their nose, has a big honker or goes to the bathroom.]<P>[Edited by DelTavian on 4/6/02 11:00P]

LMBO, I brought this one up. This is hilarious. DelTavian is correct, this is the greatest all time thread.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...