BIG Changes proposed by T$$AA

marcvols

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

futblofan you need to read possums post he gets it. we get more practice time with getting to start in july witch alows for teams to go to camps earlier. we can still have summer workouts as long as we let anyone interested participate. i have read the perposal because i am one of the AD's at my school. it does not change the way we work out or the demands we put on players. as for the comments you made about me. i work very hard and demand alot out on my players. i am not some asst. coach i am a head coach. you dont even know me and you call me lazy. well futbolfan not going to argue with ya. these canges only help football in my opinion.

shelton

Why does this thread not update when a new posting occurs? It still shows Coacht as last post and doesn't move up when a new post happens. Did coach forget to do something internally when he posted that prevents it from updating?

Ole Dad

Because CoachT moved it from the Class 4A/5A/Private sub-forum to the general football forum. When you click on the thread at the 4/5/Private sub-forum it takes to to the thread in the general forum.

Edited by HTV

I do not see very much difference in the proposed rules and what is going on now - EXCEPT: 1. can't go to a passing league, 2. eliminates coaches from having "practice" all summer long, 3. Allows you to put the pads on earlier,

4. Limits your scrimmage situations to 4 total.

I do not think this is so bad.

I do not see very much difference in the proposed rules and what is going on now - EXCEPT: 1. can't go to a passing league, 2. eliminates coaches from having "practice" all summer long, 3. Allows you to put the pads on earlier,

4. Limits your scrimmage situations to 4 total.

I do not think this is so bad.

Anyone that knows football is just a game knows this is not bad, it is the people who see football as life that are going crazy over this.

Baseball never stops at our place. You have baseball in the Spring, baseball in the Summer, and please don't forget Fall League Baseball!!!! Instead of proposing things to limit football so much they need to look at BASEBALL.

That is what they are doing. They are going to take away the fall time. Comprehension skills my man. Quit just reading what football loses. Read the WHOLE THING!!!!

If you want to give kids more time off then eliminate the AAU crap. I am fine if it is across the board. Don't start football until July 15 fine but no AAU for high school athletes. Also why in the world would Basketball get practice time during the summer they are a winter sport last time I checked. This only hurts football and nothing else. I would like to see the football coaches in the state get together for a law suit against TSSAA if this is passed. Definitely discrimatory against football.

If you want to give kids more time off then eliminate the AAU crap. I am fine if it is across the board. Don't start football until July 15 fine but no AAU for high school athletes. Also why in the world would Basketball get practice time during the summer they are a winter sport last time I checked. This only hurts football and nothing else. I would like to see the football coaches in the state get together for a law suit against TSSAA if this is passed. Definitely discrimatory against football.

If it passes it will be because the schools voted for it through their TSSAA representatives.

If it passes it will be because the schools voted for it through their TSSAA representatives.

No offense CoachT but I recall a vote they had last time that over 80% of member schools voted for (having a true public/private classifications) that was turned over by the TSSAA board of control for the "good of sports" in favor of the multiplier.

And I personally am against this for one reason if its good for one the do it for all---no summer practice for any sport------why fall sports cause they start before the others and it would benefit them more??????

What if the only stipulation was that no school could do anything for the entire month of June? No mandatory weightlifting or running or passing leagues. No summer leagues for baseball or AAU tournaments for basketball. Nothing for the entire month of June.

Starting July 1st..........full steam ahead with whatever you want.

Would that work if all schools abided by it?

What if the only stipulation was that no school could do anything for the entire month of June? No mandatory weightlifting or running or passing leagues. No summer leagues for baseball or AAU tournaments for basketball. Nothing for the entire month of June.

Starting July 1st..........full steam ahead with whatever you want.

Would that work if all schools abided by it?

shut everything down except the weight rooms then give each sport 2 weeks prior to their season opner.2 scrimmages.