Rankin gone?

rprtr

Until I see something directly from him, I would not be so sure, Oak Ridgers should know from their search last year, when the news was quick to spread that coach Gaddis was coming back.

Rankin was interviewed live on Knoxville TV Station WBIR-Channel 10 standing in front of Alcoa High School on the 6:00 pm (EDT) newscast. He was wearing a maroon shirt. I guess you won't believe it till he shows up with the Tornados at the Blount County Jamboree.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think there is too much speculation as to why he chose to leave. My Father had a chance to visit with the Rankin's at the Alcoa Booster club meeting. It was definitely a family decision. I truely believe they wanted to enjoy the "small town" life again. They seem like good people and I think he will be a credit to the school system. They are very excited about the move.

I really think there is too much speculation as to why he chose to leave. My Father had a chance to visit with the Rankin's at the Alcoa Booster club meeting. It was definitely a family decision. I truely believe they wanted to enjoy the "small town" life again. They seem like good people and I think he will be a credit to the school system. They are very excited about the move.

Rankin is from a small town, and has made it know for yrs that eh wanted that same small town feel for his children. Good Luck to Rankin and his family.

Rankin was just on FOX17 accepting the job at Alcoa. Is that official enuff for you now, TDCman?

I missed it... darn...

What are the legalities around the Riverdale coaching search? Do they have to post the job for a certain amount of time or are they free to make a hire if they have their man?

My short list would be:

1. Crawford from Brentwood

2. Joslin from Cookeville

Both of those coaches build teams that play with the same fire and intensity that we're used to at Riverdale. I'm sure there are others but those are the first two that come to mind.

TDC, At OHS, Marty left rather late in spring just like Rankin. Ferguson was promoted to HC from within... meaning an interview process was not necessary. If Nolan promotes an asst from Riverdale, the job will not have to be posted and Riverdale can go smoothly into spring w/i missing a beat. Otherwise the job has to be posted at least 5 days b/f interviews can legally be held. Now, I am sure if that isn't correct, someone with more recent knowledge will set me straight.

For you player's sakes, I hope this is a speedy process.

I missed it... darn...

What are the legalities around the Riverdale coaching search? Do they have to post the job for a certain amount of time or are they free to make a hire if they have their man?

My short list would be:

1. Crawford from Brentwood

2. Joslin from Cookeville

Both of those coaches build teams that play with the same fire and intensity that we're used to at Riverdale. I'm sure there are others but those are the first two that come to mind.

I think Joslin is very happy where he is.