Gallatin is out of power - and has a question

davidlimbaugh

anyone heard it they have been moved or postponed because of the damage to Vol State?

These are 'student-atheletes' after all and the student part of them needs some info on ACTs tomorrow..

E5????

I just saw video of Vol State. They have power and phone issues in that area. I'd be surprised if they don't postpone the ACT test there, given what's happened today.

I just saw video of Vol State. They have power and phone issues in that area. I'd be surprised if they don't postpone the ACT test there, given what's happened today.

That is what I told my Gallatin friend but he is worried about his son getting to take it if they move it instead - and he just called and they found a Sonic with power and they are eating dinner! - they just missed the damage - he lives about a subdivision over from Brookmeade that was hit hard...

As someone who lived thru a terrible night of hurricanes as a kid myself,

http://www.april31974.com/county_damage.htm

including having two tornados go literally by our house with all of us huddle in the bathtub with a mattress over us, my thoughts and prayers are with everyone who has had their life changed this day....

As moderator, I know this is a baseball thread. But sometimes baseball games and rainouts and losses pale in comparison to what is really important....

Including finding out for a friend in Gallatin if/when his son can take his ACT....

agreed?

p.s. - also told my friend one of the most important safety rules for bad weather - MAKE SURE you have a car-adapter phone charger for your cell phone just in case you don't have power for a few days - everyone has a car with a hole in it for DC power :lol:

Edited by davidlimbaugh

That is what I told my Gallatin friend but he is worried about his son getting to take it if they move it instead - and he just called and they found a Sonic with power and they are eating dinner! - they just missed the damage - he lives about a subdivision over from Brookmeade that was hit hard...

As someone who lived thru a terrible night of hurricanes as a kid myself,

http://www.april31974.com/county_damage.htm

including having two tornados go literally by our house with all of us huddle in the bathtub with a mattress over us, my thoughts and prayers are with everyone who has had their life changed this day....

As moderator, I know this is a baseball thread. But sometimes baseball games and rainouts and losses pale in comparison to what is really important....

Including finding out for a friend in Gallatin if/when his son can take his ACT....

agreed?

p.s. - also told my friend one of the most important safety rules for bad weather - MAKE SURE you have a car-adapter phone charger for your cell phone just in case you don't have power for a few days - everyone has a car with a hole in it for DC power :lol:

Yep, good advice. One of my closest friend's entire family lives in Gallatin, parents, two brothers and their familes. They are all ok, but they have neighbors who weren't so lucky. His parents live in the neigborhood on the lake in Gallatin that was hit so hard. Their home is OK, but a dozen homes just two blocks away were completely destroyed.

Those people need our prayers and our financial support.

anyone heard it they have been moved or postponed because of the damage to Vol State?

These are 'student-atheletes' after all and the student part of them needs some info on ACTs tomorrow..

E5????

News Channel 5 said they assumed they were cancelled. No power at Vol State and trafiic is at a crawl. Friends of ours were stuck on north side of bridge over Cumberland River for several hours. I agree with David, baseball is secondary to this disaster. Twister missed Scott Hunt's neighborhood by not much.

E5

i live 2 miles north of vscc and we just missed as well. however a sunday school couple of ours lives in the neighborhood that got hit, his house only had minor damage as the ones across the street were absolutely demolished. our power is out as well, so updates on tbca.org will begin when i get it back on... thank goodness the inlaws have power. very tough days ahead for many folks in and around sumner co. and tennessee

News Channel 5 said they assumed they were cancelled. No power at Vol State and trafiic is at a crawl. Friends of ours were stuck on north side of bridge over Cumberland River for several hours. I agree with David, baseball is secondary to this disaster. Twister missed Scott Hunt's neighborhood by not much.

E5

That is the same that I heard on the news.