Top Five Teams in the State

ydet

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, lets refer to past state champions to see who they are, ohh and no I don't go there. These are only teams that have won more than one.

Baylor (2) 1997,2000

Bearden (2) 2001,2002

Brentwood (2) 1995,2005

Christian Academy of Knoxville (3) 2003,2004,2005

Christian Brothers (6) 1990,1991,1992,2001,2002,2003

Farragut (3) 1987,2003,2004

Father Ryan (2) 1998,2005

Hendersonville (2) 1989,1998

Houston (5) 1993,1994,1996,1999,2000

Notre Dame (2) 1996,1997

Ridgeway (2) 2000,2002

So they were good in 2000, well done, but i havent heard of them excelling in the past few years...well see if they can produce, but 2000 with 6 years ago buddy

So they were good in 2000, well done, but i havent heard of them excelling in the past few years...well see if they can produce, but 2000 with 6 years ago buddy

Houston is good every year. They lost to Bearden 2-1 in the quarterfinals last year. The year before,2004, they beat Hendersonville 3-0 in the quarterfinals, before they got beat in the semifinals by Farragut. They are at state every year.

Edited by Svebakken

according to other posts, west tn doesn't have much to offer other than christian brothers. i haven't heard anything about the AAA teams out there. so has houston actually been a good team the past few years, or have they been in a weak region and basically given a trip to state every year?

according to other posts, west tn doesn't have much to offer other than christian brothers. i haven't heard anything about the AAA teams out there. so has houston actually been a good team the past few years, or have they been in a weak region and basically given a trip to state every year?

houston beat the top 2 teams in arkansas tied the top team in oklahoma and beat a top 10 alabama team 6-0

6 of their next 9 games are vs ranked teams

plus district 15 is very tough this year

i respect the job that coach wolf has done the last 2 years girls and boys

I would say their history is better than good and the team this year is better than good. Memphis area has strong select/travel programs, and many very good teams in all classifications.

houston beat the top 2 teams in arkansas tied the top team in oklahoma and beat a top 10 alabama team 6-0

thanks. i was just wondering cuz i didn't know anything about them.

Brentwood, Hendersonville, Blackman, Farragut, Bearden, not in any particular order

BGA shouldn't be on that list. I mean BGA lost to Hendersonville and Blackman, right. Brothers shouldn't be on it either, cause they lost to both Farragut and Bearden, right. I do have my facts straight, dont I.

OH WAIT...

3 points reagarding this post:

1. Coach Mike Irby is the Coach of Houston High

2. Under his guidence he led The Mustangs to back to back National Championships. The 2 best high school teams I have ever seen in the state of Tn.

3. Houston will always be a factor in post season. Just like Brentwood,Hendersonville, Bearden