Top Goal Scorers

mzsoccer9

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oops! probably not "legit" according to BIG G. I guess since we are in the west and not considered competitive that any of our high scorers must be scores not really earned. Cmon G! that was really snobby.

No, a comparison was made between this player and Lowder. I simply said that the two probably don't compare. I did not mean it to be offensive, and if it came off that way, I apologize. Do you think that they are the same? What is the breakdown of this freshman's goals? If he is a consistant scorer, that's great. If he is scoring on big teams, that is also great. But if he is scoring 4 or 5 against weak teams, I don't think he deserves the same credit as Brian. Didn't mean to be snobby, just stating an opinion.

No, a comparison was made between this player and Lowder. I simply said that the two probably don't compare. I did not mean it to be offensive, and if it came off that way, I apologize. Do you think that they are the same? What is the breakdown of this freshman's goals? If he is a consistant scorer, that's great. If he is scoring on big teams, that is also great. But if he is scoring 4 or 5 against weak teams, I don't think he deserves the same credit as Brian. Didn't mean to be snobby, just stating an opinion.

I had to go back to double check the posts-I dont think the intention of Soccerfan51 was to make a direct comparison to Lowder but rather to state that there is a freshman on D-burg that has 12 goals in 5 games. I know we are probably comparing apples and oranges but the thread topic was top goal scorers not "is there anybody better than Lowder". Lowder is a senior with more intense competition and Grueser is a Freshman with less intense competition in SOME games. But yes to your question he is a starting forward who scores consistently-maybe not as consistently our Zac Berry who is a Senior. Surely as a Freshman you can grant him some kind of a handicap to address and compensate your concerns over our competition level. I know this may be Blasphemy to some of you but many of us dont know much about Lowder much less have we seen him play. But many of you dont know alot about the talent in the West either. Some of you occasionally concede that the memphis schools are loaded but sometimes not even that. Grueser had offers to play travel ball in Memphis but stayed with our travel team in D-burg so that our High school team could become stronger. I dont know what Brian Lowder did as a Freshman. But I do think when David Grueser is a Senior most of you will know who he is. Lowder may be a one-in-a lifetime type athlete but that is not what the topic was inferred to mean. There are players in the west accomplishing things that they are proud of-dont try to demean it.

• 3 weeks later...

Zac Berry for dyersburg has 37 goals in 12 games... Grueser(the freshman forward) has around 20.

if there is a faster forward combo in the state, I would be suprised...when these two get going any team should watch out ( i.e against Sheffield 8-0)