West Tennessee Coverage

westtennsports

I love getting on TBCA.org and reading articles from newspaper outlets around the state. Even games that may seem ridiculous to cover (there was a 28-0 game in a paper in middle TN) are written about. Guess why - because it is baseball season!

My question is - where is the Jackson Sun? They've written one article about what teams they thought may be strong this year. It was published yesterday, but obviously written before that (they speculated about USJ winning in AA - they swept Covington two weeks ago and they talked about Jonathan White in a boot cast - he's played in every game but two). No coverage of individual games, district or otherwise, or of local tournaments - the Sports Plus, 96.5, Easter Slam, and Big Red Classic are all larger ones.

It is very disappointing.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love getting on TBCA.org and reading articles from newspaper outlets around the state. Even games that may seem ridiculous to cover (there was a 28-0 game in a paper in middle TN) are written about. Guess why - because it is baseball season!

My question is - where is the Jackson Sun? They've written one article about what teams they thought may be strong this year. It was published yesterday, but obviously written before that (they speculated about USJ winning in AA - they swept Covington two weeks ago and they talked about Jonathan White in a boot cast - he's played in every game but two). No coverage of individual games, district or otherwise, or of local tournaments - the Sports Plus, 96.5, Easter Slam, and Big Red Classic are all larger ones.

It is very disappointing.

It will get better.

Edited by PrepFanatic

There has been several local (West TN) classics including but not limited to the extra inning game between Mckenzie/Lexington, USJ's Perfect Game by Clayton Gant last night, Spencer Nelson's 1 hit gem over Ripley, Drew Hayes outstanding effort and others. I have been surprised and disappointed by the lack of positive coverage by The Sun!!! There are several local players capable of playing Division-1 and the local press should be covering them!

Glad to here it will get better!

Edited by necvol

There has been several local (West TN) classics including but not limited to the extra inning game between Mckenzie/Lexington, USJ's Perfect Game by Clayton Gant last night, Spencer Nelson's 1 hit gem over Ripley, Drew Hayes outstanding effort and others. I have been surprised and disappointed by the lack of positive coverage by The Sun!!! There are several local players capable of playing Division-1 and the local press should be covering them!

Glad to here it will get better!

I just got my morning copy of the Jackson Sun. I too am disappointed at the lack of positive coverage by the Sun. When something negative happens...its all over the news papers. Even the front page. I also sent the sports staff of the Sun an e-mail to clue them in on the perfect game (that got no mention) pitched by Clayton Gant. Haven't heard anything back yet.

I just got my morning copy of the Jackson Sun. I too am disappointed at the lack of positive coverage by the Sun. When something negative happens...its all over the news papers. Even the front page. I also sent the sports staff of the Sun an e-mail to clue them in on the perfect game (that got no mention) pitched by Clayton Gant. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Are you sure they have paid their tutition.

I'm pretty sure USJ has a very robust accounting system in place nowadays, with plenty of checks and balances to assure they are in compliance with all rules. :lol: However, it sure sounds like you write for that local paper, as you like to bring up yesterdays news, and your posts are even off topic. Grow up and move on to some real baseball news. :lol:

I'm pretty sure USJ has a very robust accounting system in place nowadays, with plenty of checks and balances to assure they are in compliance with all rules. :lol: However, it sure sounds like you write for that local paper, as you like to bring up yesterdays news, and your posts are even off topic. Grow up and move on to some real baseball news. :lol:

I thought that was news. News you probably dont like to talk about.

I am positive they have paid their tuition. Is this supposed to be a joke? If it is, its in poor taste. This is exactly how unfounded rumours get started. Leave these boys and their families alone, and let them get past this and play ball!!!!!!! :)

Edited by lifesapitch

I thought that was news. News you probably dont like to talk about.

:) You are right. I don't like to beat a dead horse to death with old news. Let's move on to more recent and important issues. This topic was to drum up interest for the Jackson Sun to step up it's coverage on local sports, specifically baseball. I have interests/contacts in many of the areas best baseball programs, and they are getting no publicity. Thank goodness for Coach T. :)

As for you, a quick search of your posts easily shows your agenda is to take pot shots at whatever USJ post is out there. What's the matter, did the coach not let you or your kid out on the field enough? You're dislike of USJ is apparant in your posts, but nobody cares. :thumb: