Oak Ridge Fans?

theosu_2

University of Alabama running backs coach Sparky Woods attended Oak Ridge practice last week.

Sparky Woods who was also the head coach at South Carolina at one time, is from Onieda and still has family here in the area. Woods Shoe Repair in Grove Center is owned by one of Sparkys uncles, and another uncle lives on the lake in south Roane County.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparky Woods who was also the head coach at South Carolina at one time, is from Onieda and still has family here in the area. Woods Shoe Repair in Grove Center is owned by one of Sparkys uncles, and another uncle lives on the lake in south Roane County.

He also is in charge of recruiting this area for Alabama.

Edited by NickOrlando

If he continues to grow he could be Oak Ridge's next big time prospect. It doesn't hurt that his dad play at UT and in the NFL either.

Tell us about the Stuart kid...I've not heard about him....or know who his father is.....can't be 'little man'....too young...can it? or am I older than I think?

Alex Stuart is a lineman. I don't really know his size. I do know that his Dad's name is Phil Stuart. A very big man. He played at TN. I believe that he was on the team that won the Sugar bowl vs. Miami, whatever year that was. Some of you Vool fans will be able to provide that information. Also, I think that Alex is a rising sophomore, but of course I could be mistaken about any or all of this.