State Record? Mikie Minor

knofler

This is riduculous! I sat directly behind the plate the entire night. While the umpire did have a wide strike zone it was fairly consistent on both sides. I didn't hear you complain when he rang up two of our first three batters on balls so far off the plate that your catcher couldn't even hold onto them! The difference in this game was our batters adjusted and hit both of your pitchers to score 12 runs, while your batters couldn't hit Mikie. Quit whining and move on with ther rest of the season. Huntland is the best single A team we've faced this year and should make it a long way into the post-season. Hope to see you there. Congratulations Mikie on the record and the great game!

Amen! It is ridiculous. The kid that wrote this didn't even play. Over look him, he's just a pup. Mikey IS all that and then some. He has been for a couple of years now. The ump was lousy, but as you pointed out he was lousy both ways and did not influence the outcome of the game. Good luck to Forrest's entire team!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually caught skelly in the 19 K game vs Zion and he was only throwing high 70s and maybe touching 80 then as a freshman...with 1 contact in I might add till the third inning...so it was a lot of fun. In the 17 K game vs Hampshire he struck out 4 in 1 inning. All of this happened when he was a freshman playing for Santa Fe...why is it that he hasnt eclipsed any of those totals since making the move to Forrest. Is it because he is pitching against better teams, has a better D so he isnt left to do it all by himself or does he just not pitch many complete games? He is hitting low 90s now so I just found it odd that his name isnt on the list playing for Forrest.

I actually caught skelly in the 19 K game vs Zion and he was only throwing high 70s and maybe touching 80 then as a freshman...with 1 contact in I might add till the third inning...so it was a lot of fun. In the 17 K game vs Hampshire he struck out 4 in 1 inning. All of this happened when he was a freshman playing for Santa Fe...why is it that he hasnt eclipsed any of those totals since making the move to Forrest. Is it because he is pitching against better teams, has a better D so he isnt left to do it all by himself or does he just not pitch many complete games? He is hitting low 90s now so I just found it odd that his name isnt on the list playing for Forrest.

Skelly is the #2 pitcher for Forrest behind Minor. He does a fine job. He throws hard but if you caught for him at Santa Fe what I have been told is he throws hard and is just wild enough to scare you. Bens control is much better now. He trys to work the corners and sometimes he ends up throwing a lot of pitches. He would be #1 on alot of staffs. He will do well at Vol State.

Skelly is the #2 pitcher for Forrest behind Minor. He does a fine job. He throws hard but if you caught for him at Santa Fe what I have been told is he throws hard and is just wild enough to scare you. Bens control is much better now. He trys to work the corners and sometimes he ends up throwing a lot of pitches. He would be #1 on alot of staffs. He will do well at Vol State.

He will fit in at Vol State. Coach Crosslin made recruiting pitchers a priority

Yeah he was pretty wild his freshman year...it didnt really matter where I sat up behind the plate I just had to be prepared for it to go anywhere. This wasnt really a problem for him then because he faced teams like Hampshire and Zion that were terrified of being pegged and would swing at things I had to dive for in the other batters box or stand up to catch. I am glad he has developed into a better pitcher...the Ks really dont matter just so he wins. Had he stayed at Santa Fe his name would be on that list at least 4 more times...but it would be because he would have to be striking out batters that he shouldnt of had to face in the first place.

Yea... Packer is going to UVA.

I saw the game vs BGA and boy was he on. BGA, who have scored something along the lines of 45+ in the last four games, couldn't touch his curve which of course magnified his fastball. It hurt to watch, being on the BGA side.

The kid is the real deal.

He's averaging right around 15 Ks per game... im not exactly sure of that avg, but im trying to find out and wondering if there is a record for that?

• 3 weeks later...

He's averaging right around 15 Ks per game... im not exactly sure of that avg, but im trying to find out and wondering if there is a record for that?

according to tbca.org the records for average Ks (season):

Larry Knight, Lookout Valley 18.6 1980 #2 Nationally

Josh Reece, Lincoln County 15.7 1997

Mike Minor, Forrest 15.0 2005

Jeremy Poole, Lincoln County 14.5 1997

R. A. Dickey, MBA 12.9 1993

Dane Archer, Henry County 11.5 2004

I was told mikie hit a homerun the other day at columbia academy over the tennis courts. That is a shot if true. He may need to go pro. Arm and bat. Good Luck mikie .

uote name='CBHSbaseballFAN' date='May 5 2006 - 11:13 AM' post='826035504']

according to tbca.org the records for average Ks (season):

Larry Knight, Lookout Valley 18.6 1980 #2 Nationally

Josh Reece, Lincoln County 15.7 1997

Mike Minor, Forrest 15.0 2005

Jeremy Poole, Lincoln County 14.5 1997

R. A. Dickey, MBA 12.9 1993

Dane Archer, Henry County 11.5 2004