summer soccer camps

futbol08

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Birmingham Southern. Coach Preston Goldfarb is a member of the NAIA Hall of Fame. BSC now plays NCAA. They have a very high rate of repeat campers. www.bsc.edu, go to the athletic department, then follow the links for camps.

I'm going to Indiana camp this summer. I can't remember which session but it should definitely be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend the Ralph Lundy Soccer Academy in Gainesville, GA. It's a college showcase camp and is limited to elite players only. It is by far the best camp out there if you are serious about soccer. You play soccer against top-level competitors from sunup to sundown every day with no free time, but that's what you pay for, right?

I have attended the Vanderbilt Soccer Academy for a couple of years. It's in-state, relatively inexspensive, and pretty good overall. However, this is the last year it will be available.

I attended the UAB Elite camp last summer, and it was a total waste of time and money. We had an incredible amount of free time to swim or whatever. I go to camp to learn soccer, not for recreational purposes, so this was a waste.

This year I am attending the Ralph Lundy camp again, as well as a university camp, although I'm not certain of which one. I am looking into Duke and Indiana. Does anyone have a review of either of those?

I am also looking into the Tahuichi Camp in Bolivia. Has anyone here been through that program?

My two favorite camps I've been two are Clemson and Indiana. Clemson is more team oriented and is good for groups of friends to go to, while Indiana focuses on individual skills. I had more fun at Clemson with kids from my team and I think it improved my game and my teammates' games a lot. Indiana was a tougher camp, but it was good also.

I also have a friend who has gone to Duke a few times in the past and he seems to have enjoyed it and gotten better from it.

The elite camp at Ralph Lundy is the hardest camp around. You will work hard all day, with games at the end of the day. Not much exposure to college coaches, but the few coaches that work at the camp are amazing. The head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago U-19 national team was coaching there when I last went there.

If you're looking to play at a certain college in the next year or two, I would recommend going to a camp at that college or somewhere that coach is coaching if possible. Let him see your skills.

My two favorite camps I've been two are Clemson and Indiana. Clemson is more team oriented and is good for groups of friends to go to, while Indiana focuses on individual skills. I had more fun at Clemson with kids from my team and I think it improved my game and my teammates' games a lot. Indiana was a tougher camp, but it was good also.

I also have a friend who has gone to Duke a few times in the past and he seems to have enjoyed it and gotten better from it.

when did you go to Clemson?

then university of the cumberlands is having a camp with coach Paulo Neto. He is a very good coach from Brazil (i guess that matters to some). He took a competitive club boys team from not doing great in state to runner ups in one season and the game was really good ending 2-1.

Just in case some of you want to play at a NAIA school, this is a good one :lol: