Farraguts Loss in South Carolina

Coach Wallie

The first thing u said was no excuses but u gave big paragraph list of why yal lost filled with pitiful excuses.

He didn't need to make excuses, he chose to explain what happened. I also have great respect for Coach Culbreth, and know that he was not doing this for your benefit. Try adding some positive thoughts on your posts, instead of cutting many down that still play highschool soccer.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't need to make excuses, he chose to explain what happened. I also have great respect for Coach Culbreth, and know that he was not doing this for your benefit. Try adding some positive thoughts on your posts, instead of cutting many down that still play highschool soccer.

Why dont u get on that guy thats cussing so much.

The first thing u said was no excuses but u gave big paragraph list of why yal lost filled with pitiful excuses.

Ozzie, You should reread Coach Culbreth's statement. The wholestatement says, We lost to a better team. Besides Gig G is right, he wasn't explaining it to anyone but who he cared about knowing. Coach C is a decent guy and doesn't need boneheads trashing him or his team. Our big thing was always to beat Farragut which proved harder than it sounded. Good luck Coach, thanks for the full explanation

Ozzie, You should reread Coach Culbreth's statement. The wholestatement says, We lost to a better team. Besides Gig G is right, he wasn't explaining it to anyone but who he cared about knowing. Coach C is a decent guy and doesn't need boneheads trashing him or his team. Our big thing was always to beat Farragut which proved harder than it sounded. Good luck Coach, thanks for the full explanation

The big bad dude that runs these boards is known as Big G not Gig G.

Hey ozzie,

What is the difference between an excuse and an explanation? Before you rack your brain trying to determine the subtle differences between the two, let me offer that the difference is often in the eye of the beholder.

You obviously have some animosity toward Farragut as evidenced by your tone and other posts, thus your "perception" of Coach Wallie's explanation is tainted, to say the least. My guess is you haven't had much success against the Admirals in the past. But hey, you're not alone.

I have known Coach Wallie for some time and I can promise you that making excuses is not part of his personna. Having followed Farragut's trek through the Palmetto Cup and being familiar with the talent in that part of South Carolina, I'd say they performed quite well and that the final game score probably WAS an aberration.

sounded like excuses to me as to why they lost. why would the coach even post, unless it was to make excuses? they were beaten so what, is farragut supposed to a powerhouse that never loses, just because they were very good in 03,04, no. this is why games are played, who cares about injuries, weather, games, etc...

if you play on a good club like im sure a lot of farragut players do, they play 4 games in 48 hours, big deal, you do it growing up all the time at tournaments. the competition in south carolina is not that good, better than TN, but no where near georgia or any other big state, Texas, California, Illinois, new jersey. just end this topic its dumb, 10-1 game has no effect on the tssaa playoffs and im sure no one is giving farragut less respect.

Farragut will offer no excuses we lost to a better team on that day .

Were they fresher, yes look at our bracket, were we dog tired, yes, Did their bracket offer them a break, yes

We played 4 top 10 Teams that were all hard fought games in 96 hours and then had to play on a HUGE USC field against a Great Team( NorthWestern) that was much fresher team, playing in their home area against a tired out of state team, that lived in a hotel for 3 nights. During the game,They had the step on us on evrything because we were so tired. The Big Field, no, it was a Huge field, gives no mercy for a tired team, they only took 18 shots and scored 10 times, we just could not catch them with fatigued legs.

Our Boys gave a valiant effort, they were not expected to get out their bracket with the teams that had been put in there., YET , we did. Our senior star Ben Lawson was never able to enter the field due to a broken arm. I played every player I had in the final game.

Definition: Excuse

Main Entry: 1ex·cuse

Pronunciation: ik-'skyüz, imperatively often 'skyüz

Function: transitive verb

Inflected Form(s): ex·cused; ex·cus·ing

Etymology: Middle English, from Old French excuser, from Latin excusare, from ex- + causa cause, explanation

1 a : to make apology for b : to try to remove blame from

2 : to forgive entirely or disregard as of trivial import : regard as excusable <graciously excused his tardiness>

3 a : to grant exemption or release to <was excused from jury duty> b : to allow to leave <excused the class>

4 : to serve as excuse for : JUSTIFY <nothing can excuse such neglect>

kind of looks like a bunch of excuses to me.

Edited by soccerpro1

Soccerpro, first of all if you have never seen the topic at the top of the Boys Soccer home page about posting with class.... it says " It seems like a lot of people with less than 10 posts feel that they can vent and cut down everytime they post. This is a general reminder to all that you can say what you want, without all the trash about individuals or coaches."

And if you did not know Coach Wallie is a coach hints the coach in the title. And he is not making excuses for are terrible loss but explaining to everyone what acually happened.

Defintion: Explain

ex·plain

To make plain or comprehensible.

To define; expound: We explained our plan to the committee.

To offer reasons for or a cause of; justify: explain an error.

To offer reasons for the actions, beliefs, or remarks of (oneself).

They played 4 games in 3 days. It doesn't matter how many times you do that in club tournaments, it still kills you everytime. And yes, their coach did make some excuses. So?!? All that means is that he is just like the rest of us. Almost everyone on this site makes up excuses when they lose, and they usually don't have a point as valid as 4 games in 3 days against top teams. Most of the time it's the refs or the weather or injuries. Bottom line is that Farragut is still a good team that can beat most teams in the state.

Edited by frommy

They played 4 games in 3 days. It doesn't matter how many times you do that in club tournaments, it still kills you everytime. And yes, their coach did make some excuses. So?!? All that means is that he is just like the rest of us. Almost everyone on this site makes up excuses when they lose, and they usually don't have a point as valid as 4 games in 3 days against top teams. Most of the time it's the refs or the weather or injuries. Liverpool, I'd be surprised if everytime you lost a game, you simply conceded to the other team being better. Bottom line is that Farragut is still a good team that can beat most teams in the state.

Just wanted to ask what made you say that.... i was just defending my coach against all the stuff everyone is saying about him and our team.

Just wanted to ask what made you say that.... i was just defending my coach against all the stuff everyone is saying about him and our team.

Umm...ya so I completely misread the last couple posts. I'm an idiot. Liverpool, sorry about that and good luck with the rest of your season.