What about Jerry Link and Hillwood

CoachF

The principal wanted him out, so he's out. It's sad that it went down this way. He just wanted to finish up since he was so close to retirement. I feel sorry for this kids in this. The program is always teetering on the edge because it's hard to get players. This may push the pendulum even further towards the doldrums. Plus, it doesn't help that they are in 5A. They may not win a game for awhile.

Edited by knilob

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for coach link for 4 years. Football and Baseball. He's been the best friend and coach i could ask for. He cares about his players more than anyone i've seen. I feel very grateful to have played for him. I have a great dislike for Lang for pulling this crap on a man that has given his heart and soul to the bellevue community for 20+ years. It isnt right and as a result of this I am confident hillwood will not have a winning season for at least a decade or two.

It makes me feel better to see other former HHS people on here.

It's a shame people don't know about how good they were in sports for a while.

Won the state in baseball in 76 or 77. Went to the sub-state in basketball both years. Was very good in football in '77 (finshed behind Brentwood Acd. in AA in the area in football)...was a girls baketball power in the mid-70's due to Frierson, Crawford, Fletcher, etc...played in the March of Dimes in boys basketball...

The fact that USN's best basketball players and BGA's best football players would have gone to HHS didn't matter. They kicked butt anyway.

A real shame all that spirit is gone. oh well.

It makes me feel better to see other former HHS people on here.

It's a shame people don't know about how good they were in sports for a while.

Won the state in baseball in 76 or 77. Went to the sub-state in basketball both years. Was very good in football in '77 (finshed behind Brentwood Acd. in AA in the area in football)...was a girls baketball power in the mid-70's due to Frierson, Crawford, Fletcher, etc...played in the March of Dimes in boys basketball...

The fact that USN's best basketball players and BGA's best football players would have gone to HHS didn't matter. They kicked butt anyway.

A real shame all that spirit is gone. oh well.

In the mid and late 70's Hillwood was still a neighborhood school with community pride a spirit. Things have changed and not for the better.

I graduated from Hillwood in 1981, and my sons attend there now. I can assure you that it is definitely not the same school. My older son graduates this year, and my younger one will not attend there next year. The school has gotten so bad that the Bellevue kids are choosing to go elsewhere (private schools). Best of luck to Coach Link who has been a great coach,father figure, and teacher to both of my sons.

Bigchief-I think 1975-1976 would have been the Ricky Gwinn years when he played tailback and just crushed people. He went to Western in the fall of '77 and converted to a tight end where he was a four year starter. He was drafted by the Cowboys and made it to the final cut-down but too many concussions did his playing days in. Ricky was (and I'm sure still is), a great gut, Wycheck-like. :lol:

Sorry to get off the subject.

Edited by flngrvy

I graduated from Hillwood in 1981, and my sons attend there now. I can assure you that it is definitely not the same school. My older son graduates this year, and my younger one will not attend there next year. The school has gotten so bad that the Bellevue kids are choosing to go elsewhere (private schools). Best of luck to Coach Link who has been a great coach,father figure, and teacher to both of my sons.

Metro needs to Put a school in Bellevue. As for Dupont closing, they still could not support their own school. Hillwood is and has been a big disappointment in athletics because the principle does not support Athletics. They have had coach leave that were better qualified than the ones he brings in. Look at the wrestling program. There is one good example. Janet congrats on 25 years of graduation. I have two friends in your class at Hillwood.

I played for coach link for 4 years. Football and Baseball. He's been the best friend and coach i could ask for. He cares about his players more than anyone i've seen. I feel very grateful to have played for him. I have a great dislike for Lang for pulling this crap on a man that has given his heart and soul to the bellevue community for 20+ years. It isnt right and as a result of this I am confident hillwood will not have a winning season for at least a decade or two.

Is he still the baseball coach?