How Did TN Teams Fare Against Other States

SlingBlade7

I've always wondered how TN baseball stacks up to others states baseball. I know that Maryville, Baylor, Cordova, Page, St. Benedict, and Friendship Christian played in the Disney World's Spring Warm-Up Tournament. I looked it up but it doesn't show who they played or the results. Does any of you know who they played and the results? This would show how some of our teams stack up to other states. Also what is your opinion of this tournament? Why doesn't it post results for all to see?????

Well if you know anything about how these teams did let us know.

I've always wondered how TN baseball stacks up to others states baseball. I know that Maryville, Baylor, Cordova, Page, St. Benedict, and Friendship Christian played in the Disney World's Spring Warm-Up Tournament. I looked it up but it doesn't show who they played or the results. Does any of you know who they played and the results? This would show how some of our teams stack up to other states. Also what is your opinion of this tournament? Why doesn't it post results for all to see?????

Well if you know anything about how these teams did let us know.

Page High School from Franklin was there and went 3-1. The beat Montour High (PA) and Lawrence Academy (MASS) on one hitters. Montour is a stud team. They were shocked. Also defeated Sidwell Friends (DC). Lost to Midlleton , WI who has 2000 students, 4-1. I say we made a name for ourselves.

baylor played down there in early March and killed every team they played. Baylors Jv team played one game against a Varsity team and beat them something like 22-1. The competition was awful. The teams were from Tx, Mass, Ny, and Nj.

Baylor 11- St. Johns Tx. 0

Baylor 16 Archbishop Stepinac 2

Baylor 17 KLHT 3

Baylor 15 Georgetown 3

I think that the better baseball teams would be down there playing right now because Baylors spring break is a unusual early time and it seemed that most of the teams were college teams down there not high schools at that time.

The best way to go to Florida, Texas, California, etc... and play is to avoid the tournaments and schedule the local teams on your own so you can play more games. In the past teams have gone to Florida and played a DH on one day and have a practice the next morning with a game in the evening. They alternate that schedule for five days. Key West High School has lodging for teams that will go down and play them.

Franklin HS went down to Winter Haven Florida. Won 3 out of 4 but the Florida pitching was not any better than what you may see here in a game with the exception of the game lost. CBG is right, better to schedule the games yourself and play the toughest competition you can face. It's a great trip anyway you slice it.

Franklin HS went down to Winter Haven Florida. Won 3 out of 4 but the Florida pitching was not any better than what you may see here in a game with the exception of the game lost. CBG is right, better to schedule the games yourself and play the toughest competition you can face. It's a great trip anyway you slice it.

When we (Maryville) went down there for our Spring Break it was a lot of fun...we went 2-4 but we faced some good competition...we lost by one to a team from TX...by one to Cordova in a nail biter...and two to a Virginia team that our guy threw a complete game two hit 14 SO 2 Walks game and we lost because they scored 2 unearned runs...then the next one by giving up 6 unearned runs...we got to see what we could do against different kinds of teams...we faced almost everybody's ace it seemed like...we didn't face one starter that threw below 81-84 range....I loved it and had tons of fun...the fields down there are incredible and it was a good trip for the seniors.

We have some results thanks to the few that have responded thus far to the Disney World Spring Warm-Up Tournament.

Page 3-1

Beat- Motour High (PA),Lawrence Acad. (MASS),Sidwell Friends(DC)

Lost-Midlleton(WI)

Baylor 4-0 also JV 1-0

Beat-St. Johns(TX),Archbishop Stepinac,KLHT, and Georgetown

Maryville 2-4 Didn't get who the opponents were.

Franklin HS 3-1 against Florida teams not sure if this was Spring warm-up or not.

We have some results thanks to the few that have responded thus far to the Disney World Spring Warm-Up Tournament.

Page 3-1

Beat- Motour High (PA),Lawrence Acad. (MASS),Sidwell Friends(DC)

Lost-Midlleton(WI)

Baylor 4-0 also JV 1-0

Beat-St. Johns(TX),Archbishop Stepinac,KLHT, and Georgetown

Maryville 2-4 Didn't get who the opponents were.

Franklin HS 3-1 against Florida teams not sure if this was Spring warm-up or not.

Where can you find information on the Disney Tournament?