Guess who's hiding in...er.....uuhhh....at the Bush's?

I stayed home yesterday to work on the house and listened to ESPN all day long. This story was the BIG story of the day. ESPN talked with the guy that broke the story and they projected what could happen. Frankly, they spoke of games being pulled, Heismann trophy and all sorts of fines and penalties. They did not take this lightly. If your wondering which show I was watching, it was the NFL Draft Preview show.

Heard an interview with a lady that writes for the Sports Business Journal on Dan Patrick as I was driving home today. She basically said this could be the tip of the iceberg with USC and this sort of thing.

Different people have different opinions. I've heard everything from nothing to USC to worse that the Miami teams of old. Who really knows?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard an interview with a lady that writes for the Sports Business Journal on Dan Patrick as I was driving home today. She basically said this could be the tip of the iceberg with USC and this sort of thing.

Different people have different opinions. I've heard everything from nothing to USC to worse that the Miami teams of old. Who really knows?

Carroll should have taken one of those NFL jobs!!!!

It is really enlightening to hear the reactions of people to this story.

SoCal folks are basically saying "so what" and "how did USC benefit" or "everyone is doing it." (Isn't this a familiar refrain?)

Bottom line is: any athlete who gets a benefit or is perceived to receive a benefit that is not available to the student population as a whole is at risk for getting smacked. And the institution's lack of control will be shown. It could be a booster picking up a meal tab to players driving new wheels to, now apparently, new homes for their family.

Ask fans of Alabama how the NCAA reacts when it hears of players (or their families) getting unusally large benefits. Or ask Miami Hurricanes who were in on the Pell Grant Scandal. Of Kentucky basketball recruits and FedEx envelopes.

Just because USC fan doesn't think there is anying to it, doesn't mean the NCAA feels the same way. And don't think for a moment that this won't be investigated.

Maybe Reggie's family mortgaged everything they had on the house, betting on being set once his name is called Saturday. My question is then, why did they move out so quickly?

Reggie Bush will walk away clean no matter what. Come Saturday, he will be knee deep in money. Those left behind will bear any brunt of a punishment.